Notify
Tools

NBC Concealed Carry Poll
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted
Off topic a bit -

Please take a moment to take this NBC Concealed Carry Poll. It has been spurred on by our recent Virginia pre-emption laws, which make the firearms laws of the commonwealth the "law of the land" and prohibit localities from enacting further gun control legislation.

Thanks!

Concealed Carry Poll

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know.

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
This is a GREAT idea...

"Virginia now completely prohibits any locality from enacting regulations on gun ownership, carrying, storage or purchase, except for rules related to the work force."

But what do they man about the "work force"?

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Overwealmingly positive for the legal owners! A marvelous sight. NBC will likely ignore the results and go on to something more negative and sensational. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sean, good of you to bring that to this forum. I just posted my vote. At that time, it was 88% in favor of letting folks carry guns in VA. They finally passed a CCW law here in Ohio recently. I don't feel a need to carry, but it's nice to know that I could, if I wanted. Just prior to the legislation passing, lots of merchants put up signs prhibiting CCW within thier premises. I've talked to a few to let them know that I think they are being foolish. In other areas where I lived previously, CCW was a lot easier, and there were none of these signs, and violent crime rates were lower than in our area. It's ironic that merchants here want to make themselves a target by letting criminals know that there is no legitimate resistance to armed bad guys who wish to rob them or do other harm. All of them have acknowledged this and blame their "corporate offices". BS, I say, as the same companies don't post such signs in New Hampshire or other CCW friendly areas where there are other branches that I've visited and don't post such signs.

Posts: 135 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RareBear
posted Hide Post
89% after my vote.

Posts: 166 | Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd rock from the sun, Milkyway Galaxy | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
It's 90% now!

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if any of you heard about our ConAgra incident. I'm assuming that you probably did hear about the workplace shooting that happened in Kansas City. As far as I'm concerned, it would have been nice to have a skilled law abiding citizen packing some heat...might have saved a few lives. Maybe not, but I think I would like that scenario better than letting some crazy run rampant and unchecked.

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
We are ahead with 90% of the vote!!!
Jeff

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Still at 90%

Posts: 21 | Location: Southwest Minnesota | Registered: 15 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
91% after my vote.

Posts: 59 | Location: Deadwood, S.D., USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote