THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Pistols    Youngest son "Contenderized" one last night.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youngest son "Contenderized" one last night.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My youngest son (12) killed his second deer tonight with a contender carbine in 7-30 waters (super 16). He made a perfect shot at 60 yards and the little 7-30 did it's job. We thought the deer was a yearling doe and were surprised to find it is a button buck.....we don't normally shoot button bucks, but sometimes it happens.... good thing it was small or I would never have gotten it out of where he killed it......thought we were going to need a helicopter!!!

-

[ 12-02-2002, 00:59: Message edited by: GonHuntin ]

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Congratulations to your son on an excellent shot [Big Grin]

Hopefully that button buck will chew well enough to make the extraction worthwhile [Big Grin]

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to both you and your son! That deer will make for some fine eating this winter.

By the way, what load did he use, and how was bullet performance?

Posts: 9341 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Gonhuntin
Excellent job by father & son ! I can hardly wait till my son or daughter is old enough to accompany me in the field for a hunt. That is quality time with the kids. Thanks for the post. Congratulations to you both.
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby

He has killed 2 deer with the little carbine, both using the Hornady 120 grain SSP bullet and 36 grains of win 748. Bullets did what they were suppose to do with exits on both deer.

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Congrats!
I'm proud for both you and your boy.
Rifle season opens here on Wednesday. Maybe my daughter will get her first deer this year.
xphunter

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
<SD Handgunner>
posted
Congratulations to the both of you. I bet you are really proud of that young man, as you should be. Now the both of you can enjoy the harvest, and memories everytime you sink your teeth into that tasty young buck. It should make some fine eatin.

Larry