New
Find
Notify
Tools

Composite forends for contender with a hanger bar
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know if VVCG or Bullberry or DVH or someone who offers a contender forend for the hanger bar system that's made of composite material? I'm thinking of a black one that will match TCs factory buttstock but maybe 12" long and not cost me an arm and leg.
I'd like to be able to use the same hanger bar that I use for the wood forends.
I'm looking to use it for hunting instead of those $300. wood sets that i've been using.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball>
posted
Why not send the Forend you have to Fred or VV and have them mill the slot in it to fit your Hanger bar??
I did this myself to one on my Drill press with a router bit.
works great

fireball [Razz]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fireball,
I didn't get either one yet. I always see the black stocks for sale but I wanted to get a longer forend then the one TC offers.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball>
posted
Sorry I did not notice that part.
Their is a company that makes the Rynite composite stocks for contenders and I heard also makes the factory TC stuff. They have a folding stock for the TC also.
Maybe they have a longer one.
I think you can get the name in the back of some gun rags..I think "Choalet" or something like that.

Ever thought About having the TC Carbine Forend modified to fit your Super 14" spacing?

The last three barrels I had made I specified CARBINE dove tail spacing for the forend. I never have liked the Punny Forends for the hand guns.

Fireball [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't like the small factory forends either Fireball. I have 5 custom wood forends that fit my handguns or carbines. All are alot bigger then the factory ones and all are set up for the hanger bar. I just looked at the factory composite carbine forend and it looks a little bigger then I thought. But if I were to get one wouldn't I have to open up the barrel channel to fit the bull barrels along with cutting in a groove for the hanger bar? And I would have extra holes from the factory that I wouldn't be using. Maybe if I was to contact TC, they would send me one with no holes at all. But I doubt it. There funny that way.

<Fireball>
posted
Well this is what I did. Take a Dowel rod Like a piece of 3/4 inch copper tubing and wrap a sheet of 360 grit sand paper on it and open up the channel. As for the hanger bar channel?? just send it to bullberry and have them open it up to fit. I did it with my drill press. Now yes you will have two extra screw holes but they really do not show at all unless you turn the gun upside down???
And yes the carbine forend is MUCH larger than the super 14 stock.

Heck I am pretty sure Fred at bullberry can make you a wood forend of your choice for about 50 bucks! Utility grade.... Might be the better deal and for 50 bucks the other might not be worth the hassel

Fireball

<Fireball>
posted
Here Jules Your Prayers have been answered..Rynite grips for Hanger bar!!
From bullberry

Grades Utility Standard Medium High
Buttstocks $100 $125 $150 $175
Target & Sporter Forearms $35 $40 $45 $50
Schnabel Forearms $50 $55 $60 $65
Pistol Grips $40 $50 $60 $75
Forearms 2 inches wide add $10
Forearms more than 2 inches wide add $20
Exhibition Grade Prices Available Upon Request.
Call For Specific Items.
Rynite fold-up buttstocks for the Encore $95
Choate Rynite Forearm for Bullberry/Woodsmith mounting bar Contender $35
Choate Rynite Forearm for Bullberry/Woodsmith mounting bar Encore $55

Woodsmith Finished Contender and Encore Replacement Stocks, Grips and Forearms
Hard Epoxy finish in satin or high gloss
add to semi-finished prices

Buttstock add $40
Forearms add $20
Pistol Grips add $30
Cheekpiece add $50

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I must be blind [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Can you get those hanger bars for the Super 14" spacing??

That is just about exactly what i want for my 221 barrel!!

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure can Mike. All of my barrels are for 14" except for the Van Horn and the VVCG 6x45 they have the longer dovetail spacing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I better hurry up and order incase Fred only has one [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
[Confused] THANKS JULES! [Eek!]

[ 12-03-2002, 07:23: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Well Jules, That synthetic forend is all yours!! I ordered a utility grade 2" wide x 9.5" long hanger bar forend from them today. I want this for the fireball barrel that Van Horn is buildin me and wanted the extra weight.....

I am still gonna paint it black! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not me Mike. I also ordered a walnut forend 2" wide by 12" long with a sling stud and Fred is going to paint it a dull black to match the Rynite buttstock. And it's only $35. [Wink]

[ 12-06-2002, 06:11: Message edited by: Jules ]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
LOL! $35....almost.... [Razz]