New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contender Appraisal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I decided I need a contender and just happened to run into one at the local gun store that looks very nice it has a 22LR Match bbl there asking 350.00 for it so basically I was just wanting some opinions.
The calibers I want to start out with are 22lr,22hornet or k-hornet and 44mag
Here is the link to the pictures
tc contender
thanks in advance

Posts: 68 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pete,
$350. isn't all that bad. There gettin harder to come by everyday. I say, if it's 95% or better, go for it. Plus, it already has a barrel your lookin for.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the speedy reply
I�ll probably go get it tomorrow if I have time
That gun store is usually pretty high on everything but I hadn�t seen one cheaper

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pete, don't be afraid to make them a counter offer, even insult them a little [Wink] . Everything looks good in the pics, but one thing you can throw at them is the 10" forearm on the 14" barrel it could save ya a couple of $$.
Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pete, You are correct, Collectors Firearms has never been the cheapest but this looks like a fair deal. The last frame I bought was a SS and I paid $230 for it used, I picked up a 10" 22 match barrel and it was $160 used with a scope base on it.

I love mine and have a 3.8-12X rifle scope on it.
Standing I can do a 3" group at 100 meters.
One word of caution on Contenders...
They are like drugs, Highly addictive [Wink]

Another source for you in the Houston area is the
"Contender Guy" he does gun shows around TX but is out of the Lake Jackson area if I recall correctly, could be a good source for the other barrels. Also check out ED'S TC's online for good deals on barrels.

You have found the best web site to discuss T/C's so jump in and let us know when you get this one.

Posts: 140 | Location: MEMPHIS, TN USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well it was gone by the time I got there after work today
Guess I�ll be a little more prepared when the next one comes along

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote