THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did I see a post by Mike Bellm at GBO?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
Its not there now. [Mad] [Mad] [Embarrassed]

one of us
posted Hide Post
The great one has struck again [Eek!]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball221>
posted
You guys should visit the pond and wade through all the posts about Bear hunting with a 357 Magnum.
Its is in the Handgun hunting forum....Lots of fun and Information!!!!

Heeee Heeee
Fireball [Razz]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, Funny thing, but MB's post JUST NOW disappeared; it was there a brief hour ago... Anyway, it was an informational thread. MB warned that he had received an e-mail w/ a virus infected attachment; the e-mail was set up so that it appeared to originate from GB's site; the virus got through MB's Norton (I believe it was Norton) software. His observation was that the virus was being spread using GB's site as a "cover." He did not intimate that the virus was being spread by GB. Robert responded to the post w/ his thoughts on how the virus got to MB and ways to handle it. That's what I remember of the post. Don't understand why the post was not allowed to stay there just for informational purposes only; most everyone wants to do what they can to prevent spreading of viruses, don't they? [Confused] Anyone else who saw the posts feel free to jump in w/ your recollection. I don't want any of us to get hit w/ a virus, especially if it can be avoided. Gary T.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Fireball,

A blackbear yes, I often carry a 3" S&W 66 with 200grn Cor-Bon hardcast FPs as these bears seldom exceed 250-300lbs, and are not all that hard to kill, and the 66 is a gun I do not mind packing in and out of long hikes.

But out west? Brownies and Grizz? Forget it! Minimum would be my Taurus Tracker 425 .41mag with 250grn Cor-Bon hardcast FPs, and preferably my 625 with 335grn Cor-Bon hardcast FPs or a 44mag Redhawk stuffed with either the 320grn Cor-Bon hardcast FP, or better yet Garrett cartridges' 330grn "eight forward" hardcast FP.

If a 357 was all I had, sure I'd use it in a pinch for big bruin self defence (only with the 200grn Cor-Bon hardcast load) but I sure would rectify the situation ASAP and get something larger in bore and penetrating ability!

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
I saw Mike's post as well. It was just a friendly warning. So that others wouldn't have the same problem. Your recollection was correct Gary. I was surprised that it lasted as long as it did. It goes to show you some people just can't let go of an argument. That post was only to help others from costly computer problems. So why would you want to leave that posted? [Roll Eyes]

Rich Jake

[ 08-02-2002, 04:15: Message edited by: Rich Jake ]

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary,
That looks like what I read. Most likely the head of the pond saw my post here and went back to delete it from his site.
Wonder why Mike didn't post it here also??? Maybe it wasn't even him that posted it. [Eek!]

<Fireball221>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Sean HHI #7364:
Fireball,

A blackbear yes, I often carry a 3" S&W 66 with 200grn Cor-Bon hardcast FPs as these bears seldom exceed 250-300lbs, and are not all that hard to kill, and the 66 is a gun I do not mind packing in and out of long hikes.

But out west? Brownies and Grizz? Forget it! Minimum would be my Taurus Tracker 425 .41mag with 250grn Cor-Bon hardcast FPs, and preferably my 625 with 335grn Cor-Bon hardcast FPs or a 44mag Redhawk stuffed with either the 320grn Cor-Bon hardcast FP, or better yet Garrett cartridges' 330grn "eight forward" hardcast FP.

If a 357 was all I had, sure I'd use it in a pinch for big bruin self defence (only with the 200grn Cor-Bon hardcast load) but I sure would rectify the situation ASAP and get something larger in bore and penetrating ability!

Oh How I agree with you Sean!! Did you not find the intilectual name calling and insults Amusing over at the pond on this one???....Just another reason to set sail!!

Stink bait I tell you

Fireball [Eek!]

one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
There is another post at the pond regarding a virus being sent to the GB members. I wonder if this one will be allowed to remain.

Nashcat

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I'd have checked it out just to see, but the great one blocked my address a while back because I posted an ad (and reposted a couple of times after it was deleted!), and one of the descriptions mentioned the barrel was worked on by none other than Mike Bellm.

And I happened to post something about "the pond" over here, and the big fish was out of the water, lurking in the shadows here and read it.

I guess those things combined to get me permanently banned! Oh, those tears...<grin>

Posts: 9348 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball221>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
I'd have checked it out just to see, but the great one blocked my address a while back because I posted an ad (and reposted a couple of times after it was deleted!), and one of the descriptions mentioned the barrel was worked on by none other than Mike Bellm.

And I happened to post something about "the pond" over here, and the big fish was out of the water, lurking in the shadows here and read it.

I guess those things combined to get me permanently banned! Oh, those tears...<grin>

Belive me Tommy!! If Grey Beard is Doing such becasue of a POST HERE??? It is Illegal. Most will just let it go and sign the individual off....But steps can be taken to Penalize ANY SUCH FOOL that might think they could get away with that....I would think GB is not doing that...He would KNOW BETTER....and he is a Christian right???

Fireball [Roll Eyes]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sean HHI #7364:
Fireball,

Sean,
Is that Tracker Titanium? If it is then do you have any problems with those heavy bullets backing out? If it's stainless, how heavy does it feel at the end of the day? Been thinking about gettin' one, just don't know if it's worth the extra money for the Titanium.

[ 08-02-2002, 20:30: Message edited by: Alpo ]

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 22 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Alpo,

Greetings! I love this 425 Tracker .41mag! It is the Stainless variety, and is no heavier than a 4" S&W 66 357mag.

It has grouped exceptionally well with all ammo tried, and all things considered, unless I was marathon hiking back 100 miles or more at a time, I'd avoid the Titanium model due to the "kinetic bullet puller" aspects.

I have heard of folk using the 250s in the Titanium guns, but also such folk are firing all ammo in the cylinder once a round has been shot, in order to avoid multiple recoils untying the remaining rounds for future use.

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote