New
Find
Notify
Tools

Metaloy Plated .30-30 AI Super 14 Contender
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well guys I finally got my Super 14 .30-30 AI Contender back together. Last week I picked up a Silver Weaver #92AS Scope Base while in Fargo, and last night got it modified and put all together.

I drilled two extra holes in the Weaver Base so I could mount it with 6 screws to the Barrel. In addition I also cut off the portion of the Weaver Base that hangs out over the barrel and doesn't touch the barrel.

The Frame is Stainless-Steel, but the Super 14 .30-30 AI Barrel is Hard Chrome Plated by Metaloy Industries. This is Metaloy's Satin Finish Hard Chrome Plating, and while it does not match the SS Frame perfectly, I think it looks quite good on the SS Frame. Metaloy tells me this plating is .0002" thick, has a Rockwell Hardness of 72 - 75, and has the lubricity qualities of Teflon. Metaloy also told me to care for the Metaloy Plated Barrel just like I would with a Blued Barrel.

Our HOT spell is supposed to break today or tomorrow, and it is supposed to be 20 + degrees cooler for the next couple days. Hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance to get out and get this rig sighted in and do some sanity maintainance.

SD Handgunner