New
Find
Notify
Tools

219 Donaldson Wasp
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was wandering if anyone has a 219DW in a 15in Encore bbl.. Or has any experaince with this round.. I'm thinking about having a custom one made.. But have a few questions.. What twist is recomended? How well would this round perform in a 15" bbl? Also whats the best route to make the case? 25-35 30-30 or 32 special? Main purpose would be short range ghog's an paper.. Thanks for the advice..

6.5 Bandit

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The .219 DW does extremely well from a 15" barrel. A good source of info/formed brass, etc. is www.eabco.com

As to twist, I'd go with a 1:12 if you were going to shoot nothing heavier (or longer) that conventional 55 grain spitzers. But a 1:9 is much more versatile and will stabilize everything from 40 grainers on up and will do the job should you decide to punch paper with some VLD-type bullets.

It is my firm belief that, within reason, you can't overstabilize a bullet. But you can definitely understabilize one...

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby,

Thanks for the reply I just got done checking that site out.. 45$ for 100pc's of custom brass is not bad at all.. Think I will go ahead and have one made... Now the question is who should I have make the bbl.. Again thx for the replies.

6.5 Bandit