New
Find
Notify
Tools

XP100 Stocks
 Login/Join

<sportyjohn>
posted
Other than McMillin where can I get a stock for a XP100?

My primary use will be for deer and antelope.

Which style do you prefer center grip or end grip?

Thanks.

John

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
You can also get stocks from HS Precision. I would post the link but aint got in this puter. If Ernie sees this post i am sure he can give you some others makers....

I personally prefer the centergrip for anything but bench work.

EDIT: link > http://www.hsprecision.com/new_pistols.htm

2ND EDIT: I can attest to their work. Kelly McMillan (McMillan Brothers) removed the thumbrest from my XP stock and refinished it. It was finished better than i hoped and was delivered in less time than he stated it would be. They get a BIG thumbs up from me! [Big Grin]

[ 06-30-2003, 05:10: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At one time Midway had some left over Fajen stocks. They were a center grip but came without the T-nut. I made a new T-nut but you could also cut the one out of your old stock.
It has been a few years ago and I am not sure if Midway has any left.

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 H-S Stocks on centergrip XP's. I am going to try McMillian next time around though.
There are some folks who make wood stocks but I threw away all that information about 8 months ago. At one time Virgin Valley would make a custom stock for an XP-100. And the company that Bob Milek used for his XP's (rear-grip) is......I can't remember the name at the moment. They are still making stocks to my knowledge. There are a number of Fajen stocks floating around if you put the word out. Sorry I can't be nore helpful. I would go with McMillian or H-S (Center-grip) if it was me.
Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know that Hammer47 (Gary Rex) was saying that he has some contacts making some nice XP stocks. I don't know many of the details, but I think these stocks were coming out of the Kelbly shop. Just another option...

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bret,
Let me know more about these stocks you are talking about.

Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll try to get an email for ya. It may take a few days or so, but I'll give it a shot.

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a center grip from Wenigs. They go for 95.00 standard walnut or maple to 165.00 for birch lam. and they have fancy grain wood for more $$$. they told me 4weeks to ship date. Have a good one. www.wenig.com

Posts: 29 | Location: Denton TX | Registered: 24 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hammer47
posted Hide Post
I am having XP center grip stocks produced by Kelbly's, the benchrest people. These are from a modified [improved] Lee Six mold design. They resemble the wooden Fajen stocks that were so popular and they have the closed left side gusset so they are extremely rigid and decidedly right handed. Skillful work could probably render them ambidextrious however I would not personally attempt it. They are of benchrest material and quality and weigh right at one pound ready to shoot. They come in your choice of molded in color or blend of colors and the lead time is a respectable 4 weeks. These stocks can be seen at the Tusco shoots and will be available at the Ohio state shoot also at Tusco. Cost is $235 shipped in the Conus only.