New
Find
Notify
Tools

6-24x50 scope on a Contender 223
 Login/Join

<Paul Dustin>
posted
Is anyone using a 6-24x50 rifle scope on there 223 Contender pistol. I was thinking of putting one on my 223. How good do they work.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
I use a 8x32x44 on my 15" 222rem. Works great but ya gotta get use to it after using the LER scopes.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
Like Jules said, they work good but you have to change the way you set-up on the bench since you don't have a LER scope. I have used a 6x24 B&L and 6.5-20 Leupold both on a 260 Remington MOA and a 284 Win. XP-100. You just have to remember especially with the bigger bores to back off before you shoot.

Ernie

Posts: 827 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 11 July 2000Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted
Well it is mounted and when the rain stops I will head out and shot it and see if I like a rifle scope. I like looking in this 6-24X50 on my 223 you can see a hole lot better. Will let you know how I like it

<Paul Dustin>
posted
Well not to bad I got the gun sighted in at 100yds and I can put 10 shots under a dime. I sighted it in at 2.5" high at 100yds and should be good out to 270yds. I'm going to give it a try this year on groundhogs. I had to shot it a time or two just to see how far the scope moved before I would put my eye up to it. Not bad after you get use to it.With this scope shooting of a bench I do real good.