Find
Notify
Tools

LBT style bullets for hunting ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted
I was at the range the day before yesterday & shot 250 Gr WFNGC LBT bullets out of my 10" 41 mag encore barrel. They shot pretty darn good.The load that I shot would do 1350 out of the Model 57 S&W so I estimate it to be doing at least 1400 fps out of the encore barrel.

Have any of you guys with the standard pistol calibers used these LBT's or a heavy cast bullet for hunting? If so waht kind of performance did you get from it? I have always used jacketed bullets in the past but I am thinking about trying out these on this years hunt. Please post your results with either a heavy cast bullet or the Lbt's. Thanks !
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I shot the .41/250 gr Cast Performance LBT bullet for several years with no failures on medium game. I think the alloy composition and treatment are important enough that you should stay with someone like Wayne Doudna, Cast Performance or Beartooth or others who make them specifially for hunting. There's an earlier thread on this and one poster shot thru a Muskox with his 41 Blackhawk and a 265 LBT.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
tigertate
What section is that thread in ?
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
I found it thanks! [Big Grin]
Rich Jake

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big LBTs are the best! I use 180s in 357s and 300 in 44s, shoot through anything and leave golfball sized exit holes.

regards,
Graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote