New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contender grips and forends
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1845700847&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebaylargephotohosting
I saw this set last week and I sent the guy...Jim an e-mail asking about them. Turns out he makes these himself. He has another set on ebay right now in lamanite. He offered me a set out of the same wood as these were made from. You can't beat the price he gave me on em. $125.00 + shipping. I asked him to stop here and visit with us. [Wink]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Jules,

Neat! Look sorta like the grips that Denzel Roberts puts out [Big Grin]

BTW, how is that Van Horn barrel doing for you?

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sean,
I only had it out once and it was more or less just brake in. It did fine. But it's just to damn hot! You would think I would be use to it, being i'm out every day in the sun with my men framing with metal studs and hanging gyp lap. But I aint. I guess when ya gotta go to work, ya just do it and don't think about the heat.

I'll be looking at gettin that 250imp. from Mike this month also. I'll be working up loads for it and the van horn soon as the weather brakes.
Heck Sean, i'm already thinking of my next project.>>>>>
http://www.smith-wesson.com/sport/m629vc5.html
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Nice project! Similar to one I am considering, using a used S&W 29 6" Silhouette model I see available.

Would make a fun deer stand gun, but I already have several lined up for the fall, including this S&W 19 6" with Herrett Target grip [Big Grin]

-

-

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
You're right about it being too damn hot jules.

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote