New
Find
Notify
Tools

7X30 Waters 12" Ported?
 Login/Join

<Dalton>
posted
I recently purchased a used contender frame, several barrels, scopes, dies and bullets in a package deal. One of the barrels was a 7X30 Waters in 12" ported. I personally don't care for ported barrels because of the noise, but the guy said he had gotten outstanding groups with this barrel and I hate to sell something that shoots well. The only problem is the guy had lost all of his load information and only had the targets he had shot as proof of the barrels accuracy. Anybody out there shooting a 7X30 Waters in a 12"? If so, what types of loads are you using?

one of us
posted Hide Post
check your mail

Posts: 175 | Location: mineral wells texas | Registered: 12 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dalton, If it's a good shootin barrel, you can always have the brake removed. If it's a factory brake you only have 10 1/2" of barrel anyway. TC brakes are a chamber style brake and take about an inch and a half of the barrels over all length.
But they do work. I have many barrels with brakes and only shoot them with muffs on.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote