Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where have all the barrels gone?
 Login/Join

posted
In the past I have gotten a couple Contender barrels off of eBay. Since eBay no longer allows barrel sales I was wondering where the barrels have gone that were always on eBay.
I've checked a couple online gun auction sites and they have some, but eBay always had at least a dozen, sometimes two dozen at any one time. Also on the other gun auction sites I'm mostly finding current production calibers, nothing out of production or in non-standard calibers.
Does anyone have any sites they frequent?
Thanks
Lance

Posts: 2 | Location: NorthEast | Registered: 30 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted Hide Post
I have found a few on auctionarms.com and even more on gunbroker.com (i don't like the fifteen minute rule) on gunbroker. edstc.com also ha s a few

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2546 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lfaler
posted Hide Post
Graybeardoutdoors.com has one of the more active classifieds dedicated to encores and contenders.

Posts: 163 | Location: Missouri by way of Mississippi | Registered: 19 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Auction Arms & Guns America has some but most of the time the prices are a bit too high. Of the current auction sites I know of, Gunbroker.com is the best.

The Specialty Pistols forums also has a classifieds section with a lot of Contender & Encore action.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I check those places out!

Posts: 2 | Location: NorthEast | Registered: 30 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where have all the barrels gone?....Quite a few have come to my house...probably a few more than should be here..and a few that the wife don't know about ..ahhhh such is the addiction.

shortgun

Posts: 147 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
If you want to see lots of activity on the classifieds when it comes to barrels, etc., go to the specialty pistols forums. Graybeard may have a ton of forums, but the traffic is minimal and the membership figures exaggerated -- and because of such, he has even banned the word "specialty pistols" along with any links or references to that site...not to mention any reference to Mike Bellm Roll Eyes

With that being said, a good number of TC items moves right here throught the AR classifieds.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby is right about Specialty Pistols Classify's. The members do a good job of policing the buyers and sellers.

But you'd better be quick, the good deals are snapped up fast.

Mark

Graybeard Who? Confused

Posts: 43 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Check Mike Bellm's web site..

Mike is starting to handle Beraga Barrels from Spain, which are supposedly some quality stuff with some decent pricing...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.edstc.com

Don't forget about Ed's Contenders.....r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote