THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VH Custom barrel, your input requested....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted
Looking for your input! I am gonna send a check on Monday to get in on the TC List deal! (20% off, delivered before Christmas)

* 16.5" Full Bull Stainless steel barrel OR Match Grade carbon steel(maybe 18")(STS +$42, CS +$20)
* 221 Fireball caliber
* 1-14" twist (for bullet weights from 35 to 50 grains)
* Super 14 spacing on the dovetail locks
* drilled and tapped for scope mount base

This barrel is gonna be used primarily for bench shootin at paper and some varminting. I have already purchased the Burris 3-12 that will ride on top. All words of wisdom are welcome!!

[ 10-27-2002, 02:42: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
Mike please send me the URL on the TC List for I would like to order my 7TCU barrel on the same deal.

one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Sounds good to me [Big Grin]

Van Horn says his SS is pretty much match grade any way, so by ordering the SS you kill two birds...

My only beef with you is your resistance to my optical heresy in your passing up the opportunity to pic a Leupold 6.5-20x or the 8.5-25x as the scope of choice, but hey, in an LER scope the Burris 3-12 is the best [Razz]

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmm, didnt know that about the stainless Sean. Thanks! I was considering the stainless as i may want to try some moly bullets in this barrel. I found a deal on the scope earlier today and could not pass it up! If i would have picked a Leupold rifle scope it would have been the VX-II 6-18. That scope has tons of eye relief and at $400 it is a steal with target turrets, matte finish, AO and fine plex. I ma sure that i will be happy with the Burris 3-12 though!

Tommy....sent you the details via e-mail.

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AARRGG I won't have the cash together before this deadline but I have been discussing a 30-30 bbl with VanHorn and hope to order by xmas. We'll see.
Perhaps there is enuf guys here intrested to get the discount, without looking I think its a min of 11 (?)

Wes

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does it have to be the same type barrel or can you select any of his offerings? A 18-21" 357 MAX could be the ticket this time.

Posts: 140 | Location: MEMPHIS, TN USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Contender or Encore barrel up to 27" i believe....

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KTS1:
AARRGG I won't have the cash together before this deadline but I have been discussing a 30-30 bbl with VanHorn and hope to order by xmas. We'll see.
Perhaps there is enuf guys here intrested to get the discount, without looking I think its a min of 11 (?)

Wes

The e-mail i got said a minimum of 10 barrels and that they were going to do a second batch but they would not be delivered before Christmas...

one of us
posted Hide Post
With that being the case. I would get in on it.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just suscribed to the DVH group to get the info.
May not be ready for this go round but the next one could be a go.

Let's see 357 MAX carbine, 22 Hornet 10" for hunter pistol, 22 Mag 14".................
So many combinations and so few $$$$$$$$ [Confused]

Posts: 140 | Location: MEMPHIS, TN USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, just went over and joined too. I'll be getting in on the next deal. Now back to DVH to see how much I wanna spend, with 20% off I guess I could add a goodie or 3 [Eek!]

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KENTX:
Let's see 357 MAX carbine, 22 Hornet 10" for hunter pistol, 22 Mag 14"

I'm not exactly sure about NRA's rules, but any custom barrel doesn't meet the criteria for "production" which is required for IHMSA field pistol which to my understanding is very close to Hunter pistol in terms of rules. I suggest that you verify this before purchasing a barrel that you will be unable to use for the purpose intended.

[ 10-27-2002, 07:23: Message edited by: B_Koes ]

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Any additional words of wisdom regarding my choices above??

one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
I wish I had gotten a 16.5 inch barrel for my 221. If you are going to maybe use moly the blued barrel would work unless you just want SS. I have used moly in several barrels and it seemed that I got more benfits from using it in factory barrels than match barrels. IMHO

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Order is going out as a 16.5" SS barrel with the other details as above....

[Big Grin]