Find
Notify
Tools

trade my 22" 6mm TCU for ???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
Well, tonight I had a wild hair and am giving thought to possibly trading my blued, 22", untapered TC Custom Shop 6mm TCU Contender barrel. I have more Contender set-ups than I need, so I was thinking about another Encore barrel (but not any TC factory barrels, please) and would be willing to add cash to the equation if need be. I am interested in .22 centerfires with faster twists and even more interested in some of the medium-capacity quarterbores, esp. the AI versions, but may consider other calibers as well. ANd, I do prefer barrels of 24" or longer in the heavier contours.

This little TCU barrel will easily do sub-0.5 MOA (5-shots/100 yds) with 65 grain Bergers, Rem 7 1/2s and 28 grains of BenchMark. Other bullets do well, but this is the load I settled on and used most. The twist, while I didn't bother to check it, is supposedly 1:10, and being that it grouped well with 80 grainers, I would tend to think that 1:10 is right on the money. The rifling is excellent, and the exterior shows only very modest use; contact points, as usual, show typical Contender frame wear. Going with the barrel would be a Virgin Valley pillar-bedded walnut forend, which is equipped with a sling swivel stud. The forend shows very modest use and would rate an excellent ++.

BRass, dies (I have 2 or 3 sets of 6mm TCU dies at the moment & would not mind parting with one) and possibly some ammo (the Berger loads) & brass could be included. It currently wears a pre-Monarch 3-9x40, but I won't part with that particular Nikon. I could, however, add an Elite 3200 3-9x40 or an Elite 3200 4-12x40 AO as I have a number of these floating around at the moment.

I'd also consider a trade for a complete rifle and may consider adding a Contender frame with buttstock into the mix.

If anyone is interested, please drop me an e-mail or post to this thread.

Thanks for looking...
Bobby

[ 07-10-2003, 09:58: Message edited by: Bobby Tomek ]

Posts: 9344 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby, if you don't get it traded, let me know. I don't have anything to part with at the moment. Maybe we can work somthing out?
BTW I don't need the optics base rings or anything, just a slick barrel.
Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby,

I've got a Custom Shop SS 24" bull barrel in .223 if you would be interested in making a trade for that. It's wearing a BSA mil dot 4-16 not worth near what you have for scopes but we could mix and match something else for trade if you'd like.

Posts: 59 | Location: Deadwood, S.D., USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
forgot to mention this is a contender barrel.

Posts: 59 | Location: Deadwood, S.D., USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Pinkerton-
That sounds enticing, but I already have a 24" untapered .223 for the Contender. Have any Encore barrels to trade?

Posts: 9344 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 1buba
posted Hide Post
Bobby,
I've still got a VV 24" blue 6mm K-Hornet for the Encore. Six screw mount, hanger bar, wilson dies...
Whacha think?

steve

[ 07-14-2003, 01:00: Message edited by: 1buba ]

Posts: 329 | Location: North Pole, AK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Steve-I sent you an e-mail.
Bobby

one of us
Picture of 1buba
posted Hide Post
Ok - guys -don't know who has the most pull with Bobby, but please tell him how badly he NEEEEEDS this barrel of mine!!!

hahahaha.
Just kidding Bobby,
steve

Posts: 329 | Location: North Pole, AK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote