New
Find
Notify
Tools

sling-it or tc
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for a shooting sling for my encore pistol. I am considering a sling-it, or a T/C brand shooting sling. It looks like the front swivel has a wood screw to hold it in on the sling-it and a barrell clamp for the T/C. Is this correct? I have rubber grips and the wood screw would not work. However, I am not to fond of the barrell clamp. Is there a shooting sling that the front swivel is held on by the front screw on the forend grip?

Posts: 53 | Location: pittsburgh PA | Registered: 13 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
i replaced my front forearm screw with a machine threaded swivel stud. you may have to get someone to cut it to length so it will tighten to forearm properly.

Posts: 268 | Location: Northeast Kentucky | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a grip bolt with a swivel stud, and a barrel band on both my Contenders and Encore pistols.
Greg

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kyode, Where did you find a stud in that size. Mine has a screw that looks to be 8-40 by 3/8" long. I've been to every gun shop I can think of and can't come up with one even close to that size.

Posts: 53 | Location: pittsburgh PA | Registered: 13 November 2002Reply With Quote