New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas Comes Early This Year!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys, My Christmas and birthday presents came in last week!! [Big Grin] From an ad on the �net I bought a used T/C Contender frame (w/ SSKrome finish) w/ Pachymar rear grip/forend, plus 2 barrels/scope combinations: 14� SSK 257 JDJ barrel (w/ SSKrome finish), SSK T�SOB base w/ 3 rings, Leupold 2.5-8X scope s/s, and ammo (350 pieces of brass, all either fireformed, loaded to be fireformed, or full power load, latter 2 w/ 75 gr Hornady HP�s); 14� 30 Alaskan Bower barrel (blued and rechambered from a factory six groove 30 Herret), Leupold base/2 rings, Burris matte 3-12X scope, and ammo (180 pieces all fireformed and some loaded w/ 150 gr Nosler PT�s). The deal also included 3 sets of dies (30 Alaskan Bower, 257 JDJ, and 308 Win) and a Bower rest system w/ front and rear grips. The price was great! [Razz] I zeroed both guns after only 2 shots. Using a less than steady rest, at 100 yards (3 shots apiece) w/ fireforming loads, the 257 shot a 1 �" group (1st two touching) while the 30 shot a 1 �" group (with two different loads). I think both are going to be real shooters. I�d been looking for the 257 for 3 years w/o luck and had basically given up. I even bought an Encore 250 Savage last year to try and fill the 25 caliber gap. [Confused] The 30 caliber fills a void as well. I�ve got a 308 Striker and a 300/221 Contender, but did not have a full power 30 caliber Contender. Hope to get things lined up in time to take my new guns deer hunting some this year! Thanks to KTS for posting the address for the ad at this site. [Smile] Gary T.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Gary T.-

That's great! I do hope you get them all ready to roll and can try 'em out this season. Keep us posted...

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like your pretty happy with your deal. My Christmas/birthday present came early too but in the form of a brand new Forster Co-Ax press and benchrest powder measure, saved enough over dealer cost to buy a new bbl, now I just have to wait for the next DVH bbl deal to come thru the TC-L list, in the mean time I gotta decide what caliber to get!
Hope everybody else gets the goodies they want this year too.

Wes

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've heard that you can still be included on the special if you order before Dec. 1. I would call Dave directly to verify this, but you still have a shot.

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote