THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this a good price for an Encore frame?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I spotted a "frame only" deal over at gunbroker.com, it's $215 for the Encore frame, no grips or stocks or barrel. Is this a good deal on a frame only? I think it is and I'll probably go for it, since I can't find any used "frame only" deals.
Yardbird

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
<Vic L>
posted
Try this link. They also show a stainless frame for $225.00 right now. http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=3591999

Vic L.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
There's a dealer on gunbroker who sells these stripped frames for $199.00. You may want to do a search to check out his auctions.

Posts: 9341 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The guy you're two are referring to is who I'm getting it from $199 is his starting price, asking is $215 plus $10 for shipping. I just went with the $215 and should be getting it this week.
yardbird

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This auction is from James A Lewis. I sent him a e-mail and the price for his encore frames only is 199. for blue and $225. for SS. Shipping is $10. bucks to your FFL. You don't have to buy it on auction. Just drop him a line.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
[Confused] Jules, YOU HAVENT BOUGHT ONE YET?!?!?!?!?!?! [Confused]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 1buba
posted Hide Post
Lewis is still in business? His website went down and i had heard he was closing shop...

steve

Posts: 329 | Location: North Pole, AK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MSSmagnum:
[Confused] Jules, YOU HAVENT BOUGHT ONE YET?!?!?!?!?!?! [Confused]

Mike,
I want one [Big Grin] ....then I don't [Embarrassed] ....then I do [Big Grin] ....then I don't [Embarrassed] With 8 contender frames and a whole bunch of barrels that I don't have yet... Well, it's going to be tough tryin to raise another child..If ya know what I mean [Big Grin]
Not only that. There is a gun show at Richmond this weekend and I may get that plastic Center grip XP100 that I missed out on the last time, if the guy still has it.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
Yall that dont look like such a good deal when I have seen them in NSS and D&R with forend and grips for $230 blued & walnut and $254 SS and rubber. Thats coming from a guy that got ripped off at gunfinder.net I got tired of waiting for a 6" Sig Trailside and said "send me a damn SS encore frame and a credit for the difference....I got the frame.
Sad Story.
Jules the only prob with getting a frame is...you're going to have to buy barrels as in multiple for it! You know how it goes.
Dave

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jules:
[QUOTE]....There is a gun show at Richmond this weekend and I may get that plastic Center grip XP100 that I missed out on the last time, if the guy still has it.

AN XP?!?!?!?!?!?!

You must be as crazy as i am!! [Razz] LOL! [Big Grin]

When i go to the range i have a hard time makin up my mind which Specialty Pistol to take, LOL! So i take a couple.....

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote