THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have any special 10" 30-30 Loads?
 Login/Join

<Bill In SC>
posted
I pulled the old 30-30 barrel out of retirement, and was wondering if anyone had any favorite loads for this using 125-135 grain bullets. Hav Nosrler, Sierra and Hornady Single Shot Pistol bullets on hand.

It's a 10" with a new 4X scope on it. Planning to use it for Southern White Tail. Put one in the freezer with the 7-30 last month, thought I'd give the old 30-30 a try.

Thanks [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I Shooter
Member # 9292

posted 11-10-2002 00:53
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I shoot a 629 and a TC in 30-30 I love both of them but have only hunted with the TC. It is great. Last kill was at 160 yards, used 135 gr spitzer over 26.3gr of IMR 4198. If you pick a TC you will have to learn to reload. It is the only way you can get the bullets that you need. What ever you deside I know you will enjoy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 10" 30/30 also.... Not good for any rechamber, no one wants to buy it,can't trade it, Soooo.. I thought I would get it out and play with it alittle also. I was hoping someone had a place to start! O well it's been awhile since I looked in one of my loading books anyway!

Bob

Posts: 162 | Location: Yachats, Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2002Reply With Quote