Find
Notify
Tools

35 caliber 150 grain bullets . . . Results
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
Due to other comittments, I have not even loaded the first one.

Have any of you tried them in your Max or Herrett?

LouisB

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
Louis,

I tried 50 of them in my 35 Rem. Shot a couple of 5 shot groups under 1", which were the best that the barrel had shot. Been to Owl Hollow lately?

Nashcat

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I have not had a day off since the middle of May and it is closed this weekend.

I have some cast bullet loads I want to test in 30-30, 30 Herrett and the Hornet.

Can't even go over to the Duck and fish since all the rain brought the water up.

I will get some 357 Herretts loaded with the 150s one of these days. Just wanted to see how they were performing for folks!

LouisB

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jffrybrght
posted Hide Post
Nash, what load did you use in your 35 Rem.? I just shot some of my first ones this past w-end with excellent accuracy, however, the only powder I had listed in the tables was IMR 4064(?) and used a mild load of 41.5 gr. and in all 25 shells, there remained about a grain or two of unburned powder! I've never had that occur in any round before. The recoil was noticeably less than that of some 180 gr. loads using H335. Any clues on the un-burned powder?
Jeff

Posts: 411 | Location: Ephrata, PA, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

I was shooting 40.0 gr of IMR-4895, with the 150gr bullets. You're right about the recoil being less than the 180's. I don't have an answer on the unburned powder.

Nashcat

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote