Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

T/C push-pull grip
 Login/Join

posted
I saw this several years ago. I think it was in Fox Ridge. It was a hand grip for the T/C that looked lie a big loop. Teh point was that you could get a more stable hold with this grip.

Has anyone seen this anywhere lately? I have't been able to find one.

sloth

Posts: 16 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a fella in houston, tx that now makes them. His name is Denzel Roberts. His site is http://dwrobtcwoodnmor.tripod.com/. Look in the photo section and you will see his offerings. Have a recoil tamer blk laminate from him and can say he does great work. [Smile]

Posts: 330 | Location: Picayune, Ms | Registered: 03 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought my push pull or bigshot grip from fajen when they were still making them. It is the ultimate in my opinion for a long barreled hunting pistol. I used mine on a 16" 45/70 skinny barrel. When I got my Encore, I decided I had to have one for it too. I sent Denzel Roberts my fajen grip and he made his prototype out of that. His creation may not have the cosmetic appeal that fajens had, but it still functions extremely well. I had him install a sling stud on the bottom and I use a barrel band on the front. You can sling that bugger over your back and climb a tree faster 'n' a monkey! [Smile]

Posts: 98 | Location: MO, USA | Registered: 22 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My next question is how do these handle recoil? You mentioned useing it with a 45/70. Did you find recoil more or less noticable with the push-pull grips (in relation to a standard grip)?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sloth, I like the grip better because it spreads the recoil over twice the area when you use two hands. It would be awfully hard to let one get away from you with that grip due to the fact that you have a two handed grip on it. Denzel made me a forearm too that is flat on the bottom, which in my opinion is the only way to go. I like to rest the forearm on my backpack from my tree stand and using the two handed grip, it is real easy to get lined up on a deer. Last year was the first year I used it on my Encore 308. It worked real well on a nice buck at 70 yards. I never remember being concious of the recoil.

Posts: 98 | Location: MO, USA | Registered: 22 March 2002Reply With Quote