Find
Notify
Tools

Primers flowing back into firing pin hole
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Greetings Gents,
I have a Blued frame in the 400,000 range that has a perfect trigger and recently I've started having some problems with the primers flowing back into the firing pin hole, in many calibers including 22 Khornet, 221 fireball, 357 max and 357 mag....now this is happening with both reloads hot and mild and even factory ammo. Looking at the firing pin and hole looks pretty normal like my other frames, this only happens on this frame, same barrels, same loads on my other frame and all is well. Could this possibly be a sign that the hammer spring is getting weak? Has anyone ever replaced the springs that retract the firing pin? If anyone has an idea, let me know....thanks in advance.

regards,
graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would just call the tech services dept. at T/C. They have always been very helpful. If it is something I can fix, they just send me the part. Otherwise, a quick trip in the mail and I have a perfectly repaired gun.

Posts: 179 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 26 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir,
I agree, TC has super customer service, my only complaint is that they always screw up the trigger when you send them one back. Last time they took out all the new springs I put in and put in factory springs....and springs had nothing to do with the problem...the interlock butterfly had cracked. If that is the only way, I'll use it, but would prefer to find a local fix if possible.

thanks,
graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Two things occur to me: check the screw that holds the firing pin bushing into the standing breech, and replace the hammer spring. Hammer springs get weak, then they break. I know silhouette shooters who change the striker and hammer springs at the start of every season.

Posts: 40 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
4armed,
you might have something there....a few weeks ago that whole bushing came loose and extended out a little. I tightened it down, but maybe I need to pull that sucker apart, change the spring and locktite that bushing down. I figure this frame as at least 15,000 rounds through it since I bought it second hand from a sillywet shooter who moved on to XPs....
thanks,
I'll give it a try and if that doesn't work...back to the factory.

thanks and regards,
Graycg