New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rampro
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any one heard of a Rampro single shot pistol? It looks like an xp. How well do they preform? Any information you can help with would be appreceated.

<Fireball>
posted
Very accurate vey well built bolt gun. I beleive the guy is out of arizona. His Guns when LOTS of matches. His guns are atleast as good as a XP but a little pricey.

Pretty sure he has a website but i do not have the address.

fireball

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe as of about a month ago that Rampro is out of business. Russ

Posts: 185 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball>
posted
well that was NOT somethiing we needed in this sport. He made a very nice product but then he was a small shop

fireball

<IKE>
posted
For all purposes Rampro went belly up back in Sept. and left a lot of silouette shooters (as well as others) holding the bag, most are still trying to get refunds and or get the XP's and Rampros they had in Rampros shop for work returned.....it's a big mess.

Go to http:talk.shooters.com/index.cfm and click on Handgun Silouette, click on the "T" for topical view and then scroll back (at the bottom of the page) to post #33 dated 11-26-03 and post #123 dated 9-16-02 for the full story.

<Fireball>
posted
For all purposes Rampro went belly up back in Sept. and left a lot of silouette shooters (as well as others) holding the bag, most are still trying to get refunds and or get the XP's and Rampros they had in Rampros shop for work returned.....it's a big mess.

It is too bad that this sort of thing Happens so often in our shooting sport. I think Most get into this to make money(custom guys) which is why you go into bussiness in the first palce. But then when they don't make it the shooter suffers in Lost parts and monies. Seems the wrongs are never righted either. The shooting comunity for custom work is just too small it seems and we are Way too easy to screw over From Long lead times to barrels and work never completed due to Closing shop

Fireball [Frown]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Ask Mike of MBM Co, i belive that he has something with them and is fighting ATF to get it back.....

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And I will get to see if the 7th time is the charm. Doubt it, BATF is appearing to be a good venting outlet. Unreal trying to get someone to move on this. If you sent Rampro a check right now, I think it would be cashed. They,Rampro, still have my gun. Never had so much trouble trying to report a stolen gun before in my life. Been trying to get it back since 8/27/02. Your only as good as your word. I guess it is now Documentation and Interpretation above Honor.

Still mad but not done, [Wink]

Posts: 127 | Location: Dover, NH, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote