New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has a G2
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just looked over at the pond and there are some guys to have claimed to just gotten the G2's. They go on to mention that there will be another production run in June. So lets see who of our group has one and how does it rank?

Posts: 330 | Location: Picayune, Ms | Registered: 03 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing that you will be waiting a while for a report. I'm waiting for a G2, as I have been for over a year. I was in NH a few months ago and the TC custom shop swore that the factory was actually cutting frames. I call the plant periodically to get an update. The last one was May - just around the corner. However, I have been given at least six other release timeframes, starting about a year ago. If you confirm that they are actually available in your area, please let me know. Thanks. Oh, by the way, once I get mine, I will provide a range report.

Posts: 135 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
walked into my local gunshop close to a week ago. low and behold there one was. with heavy emphasis on WAS. they had got one in and sold it before i seen it. i ain't lying [Smile] i could hardly believe it myself. i asked about 4 times to make sure they understood i meant the new G2 and not a old frame. the owner called while i was there to see when they could get another one for me. she was told that the next shipment is in june. i'm waiting patiently [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 268 | Location: Northeast Kentucky | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Headstamp>
posted
What did the dealer get for it? I'm sure there will be a premium on the price for a while.

one of us
Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
you know, i didn't even ask what it sold for. i can't imagine them selling for more than an encore frame. around here that is about $250, or about $450 with barrel and all. [Smile]

Posts: 268 | Location: Northeast Kentucky | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just found the receipt from my first T/c contender purchase - year: 1982, Price: $235.00, this was frame, 8" 44 mag w/ shotshell choke, 10" .357 barrel w/ Bushnell Phantom scope. My how times change!! Funny, I don't have either one of those two barrels anymore. [Eek!]

Posts: 309 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Regarding price.. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I expect to pay $260 for the frame. The shop that I plan to buy from tends to sell guns at prices higher than I have seen elsewhere. However, they seem to have good access to guns, good service as well. Encore frames at the same shop go for a bit more.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked to TC customer service today and asked if they were shipping the G2 yet. They claimed not to have shipped any. For the second time I was told that they expected to ship around the middle of May. This is encouraging, as it's the first time that I have been given the same release timeframe more than once. Hopefully, they will ship the darn things soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Where are you shopping at in Dayton? Old English I am assuming,they are the highest in town, but always have everything. I have had good luck working with Jim at Jim's guns and the guy over at Gunsport although both are characters.

I grew up in Dayton and still spend a lot of time there. Am planning on coming back this weekend and we have already made plans to head out to the public range in Spring Valley on Sunday morning.

Posts: 192 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote