Find
Notify
Tools

Reeder Custom Guns
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of contender85
posted
I just wanted to let everyone know of the fabulous customer service I received from Gary Reeder..............About a year ago I purchased a used 356GNR barrel for my Contender, well I finally got around to shooting it this spring and what a dissapiontment [Frown] , it shot patterns rather than groups [Eek!] , after trying several different loads, scopes, mounts, a Bellm oversized hinge pin and even a different operator I was certain that the barrel was the problem so I packed it up and sent it back to Gary with a letter describing what I thought were the problems with the barrel that was causing it not to shoot, #1 oversize hinge pin hole(the Bellm pin dropped right through) #2 extractor slot cut too deep and #3 the throat appeared to be cut off center with the bore. I mailed the barrel on Sat. 5/10 and on Mon. 5/12 I got an email from Gary saying that the barrel was definately bad and he would make me a new one and get it to me real soon......Well today 5/29 my new barrel was in the mail and its a beauty! and thats only 19 days from the time I mailed it untill I had it back........ now if it shoots as good as it looks I'll be a very happy camper! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Mark

Posts: 412 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Rezdog>
posted
I've found Reeder's customer service to be outstanding also; always a pleasure doing business with him.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If they're so wonderful why did they sell you that piece of crap in the first place?

<wildcat51>
posted
My secret is out. They are best the looking and most accurrate barrels I own. Delivery time and service is the best that I know of. My custom barrel arrived in less than 8 weeks and a rechamber was delivered exactly two weeks after I shipped the barrel.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wildcat51, just curious, what chambering do you have?

Posts: 98 | Location: MO, USA | Registered: 22 March 2002Reply With Quote
<wildcat51>
posted
7 GNR 20" contender carbine barrel. The barrel will shoot a single hole cluster group @ 100 yds.