THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Pistols    OFF TOPIC: Inter Ordnance Finnish M-39 7.62x54R W/ 8x Ill Ret. Scope?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OFF TOPIC: Inter Ordnance Finnish M-39 7.62x54R W/ 8x Ill Ret. Scope?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted
Greetings! I know this is a bit off topic, but has anyone seen, handled, fired, or owned the Finnish M-39 7.62x54R W/ 8x Ill Ret. Russian Scope?

This is the rifle sent from the distributer with original wood stock, after market bent bolt, and has mounted an 8x Ill Ret. Russian Scope, put out by Inter Ordnance.

I am interested in purchasing a sample and trying it out, as some of my customers have expressed an interest in these, and I am interested in any feedback. How are they?

Also, does anyone know if the Finnish m-39's have a .308 or .311 bore diameter?

-

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
I don't know but have had a couple of 7.62 Russian rifles and would be interested in know what the rifle would sell for. Might be interested in buying one

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tommyn:
I don't know but have had a couple of 7.62 Russian rifles and would be interested in know what the rifle would sell for. Might be interested in buying one

Tommyn,

Greetings! These are not too cheap, one is listed on Gunbroker at $549.00. The rifles usually sell for right at $100.00, the scope with mount at $150.00, the bent bolt at $19.95, then one must have the bolt installed and the scope mounted to an AK style side-rail.

So, considering the work put into the configuration, it seems a good deal. Also, those illuminated reticle 8x Russian scopes are pretty good optics for the money.

[ 11-13-2002, 08:15: Message edited by: Sean VHA #60013 ]

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
<IKE>
posted
Sean,

I've got three of the M39's, two Sakos and a VKT and shot them in local millitary bolt rifle matches (along with my Swedes) and all three are very accurate.

Bore dia. can vary and it's best to slug your barrel, all mine went right at .310 1/2 so I'm using Speer #2217 150gr .311 dia 303 cal. bullets.

For a easy on the shoulder very accurate target load try 15.0 to 17.5grs of Unique under the above noted bullet, I shot 16.5grs for several match seasons and did quite well.

The Mosin 39's are excellent shooters and I plan on hanging on to mine but my M96 and M38 Swedish Mausers are my real love when it comes to millitary surplus bolt rifles.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ike,

Thanks for the info! Very helpful! [Big Grin]