THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Pistols    Shot the 16.5" 300 Mag. Today Good & Bad New's...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot the 16.5" 300 Mag. Today Good & Bad New's...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of T/C Nut
posted
Well I'll give you guy's the good new's first.I still have all my TEETH [Big Grin] Recoil with factory 180gr. Corelocks were not bad at all.Yes,it kicked more than the 15" '06 but,not by much.It was more of a push the '06 has more of a twist and sharp crack.With the factory ammo it did show to be a shooter 1 3/4" to 2" groups @100 yards.It may shot better than that as I shoot it more.The factory ammo burned very clean or it all went out the end of the barrel. [Razz] Now for the bad new's I had a dead 9v batt. so I did not get to run it over the chrono [Mad] Barrel got hot after two shots I had to let it cool for about 2 to 3mins. cleaned it and shot again.I guess I'll try it again Saturday.I'll post as soon as I can.I do have one thing to add This is one fun barrel I could shoot it all day and not have to pick up any TEETH.

Posts: 608 | Location: Washington | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
hmmm, i think you're enjoying making us wait [Razz] glad you like it so far. you're a brave man [Big Grin]

Posts: 268 | Location: Northeast Kentucky | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
COOL!! [Big Grin]

Glad you like it, sounds like me kinda project! I look forward to seein that chrono data.

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T/C Nut
posted Hide Post
Me too.....I hope to get near 2700 fps with 180's do you guys think this can happen. [Confused] At any rate I like it!Plus I can't wait to go to the range and sit next to someone when I touch one off [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I don't go to the range much I would rather go out in the woods with a rangefinder instead.But I'll have to make a trip the the local range just to show-off [Wink] Talk to you guys soon.

Posts: 608 | Location: Washington | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/C Nut:
Me too.....I hope to get near 2700 fps with 180's do you guys think this can happen..

[Eek!] I am gettin 3k outta my 26" Sendero with 190's.

quote:
Originally posted by T/C Nut:
But I'll have to make a trip the the local range just to show-off [Wink] Talk to you guys soon

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote