Find
Notify
Tools

WALMART strikes again
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jffrybrght
posted
Here in south central PA, it was shown on the local TV news that Walmart had a truck in it's lot that was passing out "gun safety info" as well as free trigger locks. It is at York and now in the Lancaster stores. Amazing, in regards for the post from last week.

Posts: 411 | Location: Ephrata, PA, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Free huh? Hell, let me know when they are going to be in my area, I could use 80 or 90. [Big Grin]

Posts: 614 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: 02 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Dalton>
posted
What exactly was in the material?

I don't have a problem with Wally World giving away gun safety information and trigger locks. I just hope that the information wasn't saying that the only safe guns are the ones that the government owns.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A gun hating inlaw that I visited last week said that she heard that Walmart is the largest gun retailer in the U.S. (with repect to the number of guns sold). This makes sense as most gun retailers are stricly local, or regional and Walmart has nation wide coverage. She claims that they are giong to stop selling guns entirely. They got out of the pistol business a few years ago anyway. I have yet to see this substantiated in print. I'm not sure where she heard it. Anybody else heard this? Not that I look to them for gun purchases anyway...

Posts: 135 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wal mart Will still get you a pistol, just ask, At least that is what they will do for you in CO, KS and OK. If there supplier carries it they will get it for you
ThSimpson

Posts: 52 | Location: TX | Registered: 10 February 2001Reply With Quote
<SlimL>
posted
Read in the paper last week that they are not going to sell guns to people who come back from the check as unknown. Fed law says that if they can't determine whether you can own a gun or not after three days they will o.k. the sale. Waly World says that's not good enough. They won't o.k. the sale even if Uncle Sam would. Slim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Being curious, I asked the horse's a$$ about this�

My question/comment was�

I am interested in the report that you are handing out "gun safety information" and free trigger locks at the York and Lancaster, PA stores. Is it possible to get an electronic copy of the gun safety material?

TIA

and their reply�

Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:06:09 -0500

Unfortunately we do not have that information in this office. You would want to contact that particular store.

Thank you.

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO ACT LIKE A "MOM & POP" STORE, i.e., AS IF THEIR NATIONWIDE STORES COULD EVER BE OPERATED AS "INDEPENDENTS" TOTALLY WITHOUT CONTROL FROM, AND RESPONSIBILITY TO, ARKANSAS ???

[ 07-16-2002, 16:29: Message edited by: Sysephus ]