Notify
Tools

New Contender Frame for Sale
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Davit_M
posted
Gents,
Here is an opportunity for someone to pick up a new Contender frame for what appears to me to be a decent price. It has the Armor Alloy coat, and has been factory modified to accept standard blue and stainless barrels. [Wink]

Contender Frame

Dave

Posts: 146 | Location: Montana - Big Sky Country | Registered: 04 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Headstamp>
posted
Yep,

Real nice frame with Rynite grip and Forend. Very crisp trigger pull also. Just waiting for the paperwork to go through.

Thanks for the heads up.

[Big Grin]

<T. D. Clevenger>
posted
I tried to buy it, it's already gone!
T.D.

<Headstamp>
posted
TD,

Yep, right to my house.

[Big Grin]

Regards

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
I asked Ron about that frame last week. I passed on it and got a used blue one. He told me that he came across a warehouse full of frames about a month ago. [Eek!] He sold 60 to 65 of them. That AA and a stainless frame were the last ones he had. I think he sold the stainless also but ya'll should ask if your lookin anyway.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would have bid on the stainless 410 but here in the state of Va. the law says ya can only buy one handgun a month.
Anyway Rich will be mad at me if I don't get an Encore [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Jules
I wouldn't get mad at you for not getting an Encore. Just think of all the calibers of fun you'll be missing out on !! [Big Grin]
Rich Jake

[ 11-05-2002, 06:01: Message edited by: Rich Jake ]

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go ahead...rub it in.
I'll have to wait about a month from Friday.
But that will give Fran and Jenn time to save up there $$$ for my Xmas gift. [Wink]

<Headstamp>
posted
Thanks for the backround Julius.

I'm thinking this frame is about 10 years old but new in box. I heard the AA frames were discontinued around 1990-91.

Can tell it is an older frame because the trigger is like my '91 Blued frame, real crisp.

Welp, that makes four for me.

I'm such a glutton [Big Grin]

Regards

one of us
Picture of Davit_M
posted Hide Post
Headstamp

Congrats on your purchase. [Wink] I would have bought it myself, but I couldn't afford the expense at present.

Regards

Dave

Posts: 146 | Location: Montana - Big Sky Country | Registered: 04 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Headstamp>
posted
FYI,

Just ran the S# through TC's Tim P and it came back with a 1986 mfg date.

That's an old "new" frame.

It's completely unused in box and factory modified to take the SS and Blued barrels.

Jules, that ties in with what Ron said about finding them in a warehouse somewhere I would imagine.

Regards

one of us
posted Hide Post
Makes ya wonder how many more are out there floatin around.

<Headstamp>
posted
you can say that again Jules. [Cool]

A number of years ago, a mom and pop gun shop around here closed up.

5 years later, I saw items with their price stickers on them at a gun show 100 miles away from where they were at.

Goes to show that there must be "stuff" floating around all over the place. The trick is finding it. [Big Grin]

Regards