Find
Notify
Tools

Guess what happened at THE POND!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
I posted an ad for some of my late "spring cleaning." There must be an auto delete feature if the post mentions Mike Bellm because I had a Herrett barrel that he worked on, which was mentioned in the text. Guess what? The ad mysteriously disappeared.

No, I don't go over to the pond to post anymore (there's nothing to be gained over there), but I do occasionally look at the classifieds. And I registered to post my ad.

I put it back in a few minutes ago, minus the Herrett barrel that Mike worked on since it has sold, but I wonder if it will be deleted again anyway.

Maybe I'll be officially "banned" from there, too! (Gee, I'm shaking in my shoes...)

Posts: 9340 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Fireball221>
posted
I still post their at times..but it seems really dead there. Not much reading to do anymore. Wonder if the contender guys left or if everyone is just busy? At the pond there used to be some nice laughs and some good info...seems all gone
Fireball

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Fireball-
Yes, it has dried up, and the big fish is now splashing in the mud (and tends to lurk here at times, or so it's been rumored) .

Also, I don't think the highly-touted auction there ever got off the ground.

All the knowledgeable folks swam over here...

Posts: 9340 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The ad was deleted again -- and again I re-posted. Wonder how long it will last this time?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh let him jerk er uh lurk here if he wants.
But, Bobby you best be careful or you'll be labeled a B.S. Expert and have to hang out here full time with the rest of us small fry [Eek!]

Wes

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheesh, Bobby. What did a nice guy like you do to insult The Great One?

He did say that Bellm's work does not have the resale value of SSK products. Is he doing his part to maintain that? Sounds like an effort in futility.

I just keep on telling it like it is and let the chips fall where they will. People ARE interesting, aren't they?

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sean VHA #60013
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Yes, people ARE interesting, though I dissagree with the modern myth that it takes all kinds.

That there ARE all kinds does not mean it takes all kinds, it just means that there ARE all kinds [Big Grin]

Posts: 830 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it possible that a person could get so wrapped up in themselves that they don't realize there alone?
Really thats kinda sad.

Wes

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Well, now I got the "official" e-mail saying I was NOT WELCOME at the pond.

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Bobby,

The only thing going on over there is the classifieds and the people that check those check the other boards as well. I have deleted his board from my "favorites". Too bad......

Good Hunting,

Bob

It looks like you are getting more rain today! Keep your powder dry!!

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby, Just curious, but do you have any idea what your "offense" was that got you tossed into the "unwelcome" category? I honestly don't recall you ever having an inappropriate post at "the pond." I'm sure you've had a differing viewpoint at times, but is that all it takes nowadays? [Confused] Gary T.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread someone recently posted at "the pond." Guess he'll be banned soon, as well? Gary T.
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/messages/20189.shtml

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The Great One did not specify why. But it had to be something I said HERE because I do not post there and haven't for months (other than my classified attempt).

So he is definitely lurking. WOnder how long the banned list is now???

Anyway, I hereby move we change the pond from GBO to TGO (the great one!).

Anyone second that?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well now I can say, "I told ya so" [Razz]

You are now part of the Elite B.S. Experts Group and free to express your opinions and point of views freely as you see fit. [Big Grin]

How does it feel?

Wes

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Wes-

You definitely told me so...

Now I am one of the proud...the not-so-few...the banned!

one of us
posted Hide Post
HAHA We should have some T-shirts made up with something along those lines on them

<Headstamp>
posted
Bobby,

Obviously it was deleted because it is no longer "late spring". Yeah, that's it.

[Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
I put the message Dead Board at the pond and haven't gotten my email YET. Darn

one of us
Picture of contender85
posted Hide Post
Well Bobby,
I see someone over at the pond has for sale a Mike Bellm hammer ext. Wonder how long that ad will last?

www.graybeardoutdoors.com/messages/20300.shtml

I posted a reply to it that just may get me banned too!
Mark [Razz]

Posts: 412 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw that Mark [Razz] [Razz] No question about it....Your history [Razz] [Razz]
Now you'll just have to hang out here with us. [Wink]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Yes, I saw that, too, so Mark, as soon as the big fish flops out of the mud in the drying-up pond, he may just ban you as well.

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I just posted there with a link back to here! That is what got me threatened last time, LOL!

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/messages/20351.shtml

[Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Gee, I feel cheated somehow. I never got a warning, a threat...not anything at all. Just a n e-mail saying "Your ad keeps getting deleted because you are NOT WELCOME here."

Where is justice these days <grin>?

<supermagforever>
posted
GREAT SPIRITS HAVE ALWAYS RECEIVED
VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM
MEDIOCRE MINDS...

Albert Einstein

one of us
posted Hide Post
He's just mad cause now he knows that we know there's life after Pond. And we have Mike Bellm and the VV guys and he can't stop SSK from making us barrels. [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya poor ol guy has to come over here to see whats going on in the T/C world [Eek!]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I guess I'm just dumber than dirt. I dropped off the site for awhile and when I came back, everybody was gone. No Mike Bellm, Jules, Fireball, Mssmagnum. Where'd they go? You guys need to leave a fowarding address [Wink] Contender85, that was me posting about the Hammer Extension. Funny thing though, It went really quick.

[ 07-22-2002, 22:36: Message edited by: Alpo ]

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 22 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club ALPO, that handle sure sounds familiar have we done business on ebay?

Wes

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope, but I do use it on several message boards though.

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 22 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by supermagforever:
GREAT SPIRITS HAVE ALWAYS RECEIVED
VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM
MEDIOCRE MINDS...

Albert Einstein

<LMAO!!!!)
That is the best one I have heard in a looooong, looooong time! Love it.

Einstein, I ain't. Eccentric compared to the rest of the shooting community, absolutely. Wrong? Prove it if you can. <Big unabashed GRIN!

I've thought about adding a "Favorite Quotes" page to the site & should put this at the top of the list..... how about it, Webmaster Steve?

In regard to the website, btw, I want it to be responsive to your interests, so if you want to see something addressed there, let 1buba know.
For example, the subject of reaming scope rings and the message I sent to Jules is now posted on the site. It could stand some more step by step detail, but it does give the basic "how-to" needed for reaming scope rings.

If there is something else that crops up, let one of us know.

While my site explains much of what I do and does offer product and services for sale, for the time being it is more or less also YOUR site. Make it responsive to your interests. And while you are at it, don't forget to give Steve, 1buba, a big thank you for his efforts with the site.

web page

Mike

Posts: 791 | Location: Grants Pass, OR USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
<supermagforever>
posted
MIKE BELLM,
Somehow I knew you would enjoy this Quote......
Richard.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I for one would vote for a self-imposed moratorium on even checking in at the pond.
Advertising revenue and a claim of POPULARITY is based in part on traffic that you guys are providing. [Razz]

Just my 2cents, not in any way meant to offend any of you fine gentlemen.

I have my own issues with Catfish, and personally wish him all the "success" he "deserves" [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 37 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of contender85
posted Hide Post
Hi Alpo and Welcome,
I'm sure it did sell quick, best thing happening at GBO is the classifieds.......I thought my reply would get me in trouble, but my post wasn't even removed untill this saturday and so far I've had no threats or warnings, and I was able to post there Sunday so I must not have been BANNED yet.
Mark
And Bobby, I see your add keeps showing up and its stayed there for a bit now, did he change his mind?

quote:
Originally posted by Alpo:
Hey, I guess I'm just dumber than dirt. I dropped off the site for awhile and when I came back, everybody was gone. No Mike Bellm, Jules, Fireball, Mssmagnum. Where'd they go? You guys need to leave a fowarding address [Wink] Contender85, that was me posting about the Hammer Extension. Funny thing though, It went really quick.

<Fisher>
posted
We could all tatoo this on our butts. I suppose this will put me on a list somewhere. From the looks of things though. I will be in good company.

-

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
No, he didn't change his mind. I re-posted it several times. But now I am officially "banned," I guess, because he's blocked my address from entering the site. Can you see those tears flowing <grin>?

Maybe the great one will want those tears for his pond because it sure it about dried up...

And while I can't verify the validity of this or not, one "pond poster" e-mailed me and said the great one may have sent out a mass e-mail telling everyone what they may or may not discuss/post on his site and names that may NOT be mentioned (oops, I guess that's you Mike!). Told 'em his way or the highway, I guess. Now if my ribs would just stop hurting from all the laughter this has caused...

one of us
Picture of 1buba
posted Hide Post
Guys -
Ya'll got me cyin'!

Mike - saying's page comin' right up.

Surveyor - Hadn't thought of the advert revenue. Think I will take your advice. Haven't found anything on the want ads page lately anyway.

As for the tatoo - folks like to post targets to prove groups sometimes, hope that doesn't follow here...

steve

Posts: 329 | Location: North Pole, AK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of contender85
posted Hide Post
Yeah Bobby I see the tears, but they've gotta be from you laughing so hard [Big Grin]
Can't wait till I'm officially notified by the "Great One"........I need a good Laugh!!
Hey Fisher, Love the logo, but how about we print it on toilet paper......then our motto could be, Let's "Wipe Out" GBO's [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Mark

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do I hear the suggestion of a general boycott?
As of right now I will no longer 'check in' the classifieds or T/C pages. If it aint on some other sites it aint that important and I don't have money to buy anything now anyway.
Somebody let me know when it dries up and blows away.

Wes

<supermagforever>
posted
Guys, I have not laughed this hard in a looooong,looooong time.....
I think the wife is about ready to have me put away!
Richard.

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
He banned my IP address for a day! I never received an e-mail threat though?!?!?!

My offense? Posting links to here and eguns.com, LOL! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote