New
Find
Notify
Tools

I would post something but
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who would wanna read something that has to do with a Single shot pistol anyway. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends, Whatcha got? [Smile]

Posts: 135 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: 18 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I would agree Jules, at this point, why bother. A guy that was just complaining about people with "high post numbers" seems to be attempting to over run the board with nonsense, LOL! [Wink] Oh well, people like that usually climb back into the hole from which they came after a short period of time! [Big Grin] LOL!

edit: BTW, remember the whole "question" that was raised at the time?? I certainly do and find the whole situtation comical....... [Wink]

[ 07-02-2003, 07:45: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jules,
Would be most interested in you talking more about your man sized caliber pistols.
Really got a kick out of what you posted so far.
To bad the forum can't direct the messages to where they should go. Some of the silly shit should go diectly to the humor forum or directly to the trash.
Enjoy sharing and the hell with the 2% trouble makers.
HeeHaw

Posts: 92 | Location: Las Vegas, Nv | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
<Thumper>
posted
Ok Jules, Let it rip.I for one am getting tired of the other bullshit and would like to read something other than "so and so is a Jerk" [Mad] So bud it is up to you get something started. [Cool] If i do it I might piss someone off [Confused] Clev

one of us
posted Hide Post
It gets worse by the day. Some of the stuff don't even have anything to do with guns or shooting [Confused]
Oh well....it will pass I guess [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
Jules: What are you going to post something? Something to get something started and then whine and cry if it gets out of hand?
Lets see if we can get a good thread started on something decent instead of starting something that you know will get the snowball of ire rolling.
Say something about shooting Encores and Contenders offhand and learn the tecniques of the shooters and maybe post some offhand targets shot by us offhand just as a comparison. Especially the big boomers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
MP,

Back off.

Tone it down.

Start the thread.

I don't care for the bigbores myself,

[ 07-02-2003, 16:56: Message edited by: mbmco ]

Posts: 127 | Location: Dover, NH, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike (mssmagnum) - this topic gives me an idea for a target for the big bore postal shoot:

BELLM

This would have to be sized to about 8" x 12". I'm thinking two(2) shots at the circles in the "B", one shot after each "L", and one shot as a period after the "M".

This takes care of a few things at once:
1) We have a target
2) The guys that have frustrations can take them out accordingly
3) Mike will get a pretty cool item to hang in the shed
4) it will take one-hell-of-a shooter to hit those areas off hand at 100 yards

cash it or trash it - no disrepect meant!

Posts: 309 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
What would be wrong with just group size?

We are having some smart butts trying to be cute I see. Remember I was trying to be serious but if you want to play I love to play.

Lets get a serious dicussion going on offhand shooting of the big boomers.

What would be wrong with that.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am serious - check the last postal match target!

Posts: 309 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go Jules...another thread with a bunch o' hoo-ha. Personally, I wanna hear more about that fancy .223 AI of yours. I wish I had a chronograph and I would be posting more about mine. It's been doing pretty well at taking over those full size ram silhouettes with its itty-bitty 80gr bullet. I'm disappointed though because I can't see a neat little vapor trail to the target like yours! [Wink]

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
I posted no O' Hoo Haa. I was serious about offhand with the big boomers at 50 yds or 100 yds. What is wrong with that O Great Sage Ones?

one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
Meat Head aka Meplat, Meat plate get a life

[ 07-06-2003, 05:24: Message edited by: tommyn ]

one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

[ 07-06-2003, 05:25: Message edited by: tommyn ]

one of us
Picture of jffrybrght
posted Hide Post
I think that "Meat" has tripped over the dead horse(s) that have been beaten beyond submission, and hurt himself in some way. GO AWAY!!! If you can't post anything that is at least a little bit wothwhile towards the forum title, then post nothing at all.
Thank you

Posts: 411 | Location: Ephrata, PA, USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
tommyn: why don't you tell me what you really think. I would love to here it. You must have a violent streak to act like that.
You thinking bad of me bothers me not one bit.
Don't you like the idea of an offhand big boomer match or do you only have to play with someone you like?
Me, I can engage in competition with some one that doesn't like me.
Come on tommyn lets have a postal match with the big bommers fired offhand at 50 or 100 yards.

[ 07-02-2003, 22:42: Message edited by: Meat Plate ]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Immaturity is not a cure for stupidity.

[ 07-04-2003, 03:19: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Meat Plate:
Jules: What are you going to post something? Something to get something started and then whine and cry if it gets out of hand?
Lets see if we can get a good thread started on something decent instead of starting something that you know will get the snowball of ire rolling.
Say something about shooting Encores and Contenders offhand and learn the tecniques of the shooters and maybe post some offhand targets shot by us offhand just as a comparison. Especially the big boomers.

I don't remember asking you any questions and beleve me, I wouldn't waste my time talking to a 10 year old. You may as well move on cause I don't think anyone else on here is gonna reply to anything you have to say.{If they can even figure it out}
I haven't heard anything that comes out of your mouth make any sence yet.

one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
To quote Herrigels master, Kenzo Awa.. "for the profesional who counts his hits, the target is only a miserable piece of paper which he shoots to bits. The great doctrine holds this to be sheer devilry." [Wink]

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post

[ 07-04-2003, 03:20: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

<MePlat>
posted
I am 50 not in my 50's

one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am 50 not in my 50's

Off Hand I would guess 50 is pretty close to your IQ level too, HUH?

Wes

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
Everyone my heart is heavily laden. I feel there are those on here that don't like me. I feel like I won't get any sleep this weekend. I wonder why I am not liked. I will be under great turmoil until I find out why.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everyone my heart is heavily laden. I feel there are those on here that don't like me. I feel like I won't get any sleep this weekend. I wonder why I am not liked. I will be under great turmoil until I find out why.

Ah MeatHopper, you have but to look within yourself to find the answer, you carry it with you always and forever

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post

[ 07-04-2003, 03:21: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

<MePlat>
posted
Fifty's means plural.. I have only had one birthday in the 50th year. Now if I were 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 or 59 that would be in the fifty's.
I an a youngster in the 50th year of my life. I have went to my second childhood early. That is what they tell me here at the home.

[ 07-03-2003, 20:44: Message edited by: Meat Plate ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is what they tell me here at the home.

[Eek!] I think this statement might just say it all [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 243 | Location: Kansas, USA | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
MBK: I live at the HOME for the poor souls tortured by the Traditional Elite Handgun Police. I have been spied upon by the group led by MSSMAGNUM. I hope to someday get out of the HOME so I can enjoy shooting again someday. I see them in my sleep as I sit here in my chair and as I even use the bathroom. I am heavily medicated here at the HOME. Help me escape from the ETHP.
Maybe Mike Bellm will help me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Meatplate - I started shooting a .22lr silhouette shoot this year with a 14" Contender. I found that I have the best control of the gun if I set the grip butt into my left hand (palm up), and my right hand wrapped around the grip. How have you found the best way to shoot a Contender offhand, standing to be? (Always looking for that edge!)

Oops, forgot - once I have my right hand around the grip I close my left hand around my right. Left elbow is bent into my left side (love handles supporting my left arm) and my right arm is extended without locking my elbow.

<MePlat>
posted
T/C Nimrod: I've found I do well with laying my Encore or Contender in my left per Keith style and just holding with my srong hand only. I rest the trigger guard on my first 2 fingers and spread my other two widely abd keeping them below the trigger guard. I have never gripped a revolver or shingle shot with both hands. Kinda cradling the gun with my weak had. Recoil will cause the gun to come out of the weak hand but that is alright with me. I can photograph my hold and send you a pic or post it on here maybe tommorrow. No need to grip with both hands. The weight is more supported by placing the offhand slightly forward anyway.
If you have more questions I will be glad to help.

[ 07-03-2003, 22:54: Message edited by: Meat Plate ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Please send or post (posting may help others with the same question). Maybe my term of "grip" is too harsh, my fingers don't turn white. [Big Grin]

For me, and I say that because everyone is different, I feel I can control recoil pretty good. It seems my left arm acts as one side of the "triangle" and absorbs any recoil. (my biggest boomer is a 14" .357 Herret)

I forget who ever set me up shooting this way - but the triangle is the strongest shape I'm aware of for rigidity.

Yeah, let me get a visual on your hold - I'll try anything once.....well, almost anything.... [Cool]

<MePlat>
posted
T/C Nimrod: When one is shooting a single shot or a big revolver one only needs to control recoil enough to keep the gun a safe distance from ones head. That is the reason I only use actually one had to hold the gun and let the gun lay in the other. I never shoot stiff armed either. I will try to get you a pic for better description sometime tommorrow.
have a good day.

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post

[ 07-04-2003, 03:21: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]