New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best "CHEAP" scope report
 Login/Join

<Paul Dustin>
posted
Well here is my report we shot 120 rounds of 45/70 this load will push a 300gr bullet at 1997fps from a 12" BBL. We shot 40 rounds for each scope all the scopes pass with flying colors. The only thing we seen was on the red dot scope the dail loosen up but this would be due to I was using a T/c do o mount and there is very little room to move the scope and it was hitting the mount. I think these scopes will do fine on just about any pistol you put them on. The rifle scope pass to we shot 90 rounds in the 338 Win. and 100 rounds in the 375 H&H. we shot about 60 rounds with each scope on 2 gun and when we got done all the scopes work fine not bad for a cheap scope.I have 3 pistol scopes to sale new in box I have 1 4x32 for $34.00 + shipping and 2 2-7x32 for $38.00 + shipping and a 3-9x42 compact rifle scope for $34.00 + shipping.If you would like to buy one e-mail me at gunner7243@yahoo.com

[ 05-28-2003, 05:01: Message edited by: Paul Dustin ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome Paul, Thanks a bunch!!! If they'll handle what you put 'um through, I know they'll handle anything I'm gonna do!

I haven't recieved my scope from the cranky farmer yet. I should soon. However, my next will come from you. [Big Grin]

[ 05-27-2003, 20:51: Message edited by: Alpo ]

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 22 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed....(that aint saying much though.) How is the edge to edge clarity? and did you check the variable for ability to hold zero throughot the power range? Also what about reticle adjustment repeatability.....???
Sorry bout all the questions
Dave

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Just got my 2x7x32 scope out of the mailbox a few minutes ago. To say the least, I'm presently suprised. Edge to edge clarity seems to be as good (or better) as my 2.5x7x28 Simmons Gold Metal or amy 1.5x4x20 Weaver. This scope looks suspeciously similar to the old Tasco 1.5x4x28. It even has the Tasco style covers. Hmmmm?

Of course, I haven't mounted it yet. Dang thing even came with a set of weaver style rings. The rings look to be of fairly good quality. I probably won't use 'um because I've got others. However, the rings do have some sort of no slip rubber tape inside them.

The only negative thing I can say about the scope is that it's long. OAL is 10 7/8" [Eek!] It would look right at home on a 14" barrel though. It's gonna look kinda funny on my 10" 22lr. Ah, it's no worse than the riflescopes some quy's are using, and for $38.00 I ain't complainin'. Yet!

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 22 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
just got mine today too! a 2x7x32 model. i'm gonna mount it on my new 30-30 improved barrel. hope it does ok. i have a 2.5x that has took several hundred 22lr's on a ruger 22/45 bull barrel. just had a report at handgunhunt.com that one feller had problems with his CHEAP scope. now any scope can have problems, even one that cost $300. we'll have to give it a little time to see for sure. i'm willing to gamble with it. i have 4 burris scopes and still like the looks of it. paul, they have a warranty correct? does a man send one that fails to you or back to the manufacturer? thanks

Posts: 268 | Location: Northeast Kentucky | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted
Dave the edge to edge clarity I would say like a Weaver scope or a scope costing you $100.00 to $150.00.For holding zero through out the power range the 2-7x23 works great. The only thing is from 2-5 power you have 8" to 20" of eye relief and for 6 & 7 power you have 8" to 17" of eye relief. With the 4x32 we bore sighted it and I zero the scope in with 3 shot at 300yds and could hit a pop can 4 out of 5 shots at 300yds

[ 05-28-2003, 05:28: Message edited by: Paul Dustin ]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
WOW, i am surprised!! That is a lot of shootin/recoil and they are holding together.

Paul, what is the warranty on these scopes??

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted
It has a Limited lifetime warranty with $10.00 charge for shipping and handling. Not bad for the price. You send it back to the manufacturer.

[ 05-28-2003, 08:36: Message edited by: Paul Dustin ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
OK lets get to business, My 454 Super Redhawk has already digested 2 scopes,a Tasco World class 1-4x and a Swift 4x. I sent the swift back to the factory a week ago and really expect squat,truthfully. The Tasco went south days after they delared bankruptcy,go figure. My loss I guess...So I need a scope to sit in the saddle of hell called the 454 shooting 325gr Lymans pushed by 29.5grs of 296....Recoil is far more brutal than my Contender 45-70. To top that off I would like to set a 4x scope...And I recently got a Savage Striker in 22-250 and would like to set one of the 2-7x scopes in the rings. Oh and I see 357 Herrett brass on your website so I may as well try 50 rounds for my virgin to me barrel. Tally it up and e-mail me...My address is in my profile 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted
Just order some more of these scope I will have
5 4x32 for $34.00 + shipping 5 2-7x32 for $38.00 + shipping and 2 4x32 with red dot for $45.00 + shipping. If you would like to buy one e-mail me at gunner7243@yahoo.com or check out my website

Thank You
Paul

<Paul Dustin>
posted
I was taking to the guy from NcStar to day he told me that the place building these scope make other brand name scopes He would not tell me there names. So when you buy a scopes like Weaver, Simmons, Redfield, and Bushnell. looked on the box and see were it is made. My Weaver and Bushnell are made in China

one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
I dont undertand why he wouldnt tell you where they are made.....I'd rather have a scope out of China than the Phillipines.....primarily because I have had trouble with Simmons scopes. But I'd be wiling to try the NcStar tubes based on your tests and their rock bottom price. I dont think I would trust one on the hunt of a lifetime though [Wink]

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted
It's not that he would not tell me were there make he would not tell what other brands of scope they made like Weaver, Simmons, Redfield, and Bushnell