New
Find
Notify
Tools

muzzleloader barrel for contender
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
who make a muzzle loading barrel for the contender besides Gonic arms? I want something that will shoot similar to the Gonic. I have a .45 Gonic that is made to shoot 45/70 cast bullets with 110_140 grains of powder. I have a Gonic now and ALL I like about it is the power. is the power.

Posts: 40 | Location: nashville | Registered: 13 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Bullberry Barrel Works

See bottom of list.

[ 12-04-2002, 21:55: Message edited by: Hobie ]

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Virgin Valley also will do a 50 Cal ML barrel for Contender ( www.virginvalleyguns.com )

According to the latest Shooting Times, T/C will be marketing (or already are?) a 45 Cal ML barrel for the Contender.

Regards, Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That 45ML contender barrel is suppose to be coming out with the G2---so don't hold your breath on getting one from them.

[ 12-05-2002, 07:45: Message edited by: rdc in MN ]

Posts: 21 | Location: Southwest Minnesota | Registered: 15 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PJ, You can add Dave VanHorn to your short list of folks manufacturing ML barrels for Contenders. (www.mygunroom.com/dvgunshop/vhbarrels.html) At one time, he didn't have the ML barrel listed on his list of available chambers, but he may now. I bought a 50 cal Contender ML barrel from him recently, but haven't had a chance to develop any loads for it yet. Hope to start soon. Will update everyone at that time. [Wink] Gary T.

[ 12-05-2002, 10:13: Message edited by: Gary T ]

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote