Find
Notify
Tools

need 6.5 rem.mag data
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of coyotewallace
posted
just picked up a 15" barrel for my encore in 6.5 mag need help with reloading data an any other thoughts an suggestions on this set up.i'm planning on using 120 g nos. bal.tips.thx!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
try reloadersnest.com

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of McClura
posted Hide Post
You have jumped into the unknown. bewildered
I purchased a Encore 6.5 Rem Mag this spring. Best purchase I have made in the Encore. This is a Hammer, with a big H. thumb
I started load developement with only some rifle data out of an old loading manual.
I used Varget, IMR4895, IMR 4350 and H4831SC.
When I got to the H4831SC loads, everything came together.
I shoot two different bullets. My #1 pick is the Speer Hot Core SP , 120grn flat base. It shoots the best groups out to 200yds. If I will be shooting farther I load the Nosler 120grn Ballistic Tip. It seems to stabalize out farther.
I use 52grns of H4831SC. ( H4831SC is the same as H4831 only in small granules which seems to get better flow through the funnel and powder drop measure and it is one of the Extreme powders and cold or hot doesn't effect it's performance.)
I use Fed 210 primers. Tried the Magnum primers but nothing seemed to change with THIS powder. Other powders it might make a difference.
I'm getting 2495fps in 80degree or 40 degree weather with only 15fps deviation.
I have shot two groups which I have the targets that you could put a nickel over 5 shots at 100yds from sand bags.
This load is under max a grain or so but you should work up to it. Your barrel may like another load. I think you will like it. I have one of the old Burris 3x9 w/AO on Burris base and rings. It is not too radical to shoot. I have taken two coyotes at 200 and 275 yds with it and it was Bang/Flop, down.
I have more load data in my book that I can give you from home if you need it.
I have mine sighted 2.4" high at 100 yds.
0 at 200 yds
-1.6" at 250 yds
-3.2" at 300 yds
-5.0" at 350 yds
-7.0" at 400 yds

You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old when you quit playing.

Posts: 311 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 17 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of coyotewallace
posted Hide Post
man thats good stuff thanks for the help!!that is definitely what i was looking to hear.i already have a good supply of 4831sc an fed210s on hand so i'm ready there an i just ordered 100 pcs of brass an 100 bal. tips in 120 from midway yesterday.an as far as coyotes go thats what my world revolves around thats what this will be used for.thanks again!!furflyer@hotmail.com