New
Find
Notify
Tools

just playing with my G2
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
just playing with the G2, hadnt put a barrel on it untill just now and it wont lock up, and it is hard to get back open when u really slam it to lock it up, tried a couple barrels doesnt work with any of them, a piece of shit compared to the old contenders, just got it for the collection, its going back to the factory this week, i'd be afraid to shoot it as it is now....

Posts: 1362 | Location: Madison ,NH, usa | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it is because of the "new" 2 piece locking bolts?!?!?!

Always something.......

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i dont know if that is it or not... but all of my barrels are newer, not octagon or anything like that, i still am not very pleased with the quality...would have hoped for better from them

Posts: 1362 | Location: Madison ,NH, usa | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Darn Mainer. I was excited by the header line of your post, but very dissapointed by your report. I just got a call from the gun shop today letting me know that my G2 frame has arrived. I plan to pick it up tomorrow. I sure hope mine works better than yours. I have no other frames and have been waiting for about a year for this one. Oddly enough, I will be staying in Rochester, NH next week. Perhaps I will stop by Fox Ridge Outfitters - TC's store right in front of the factory - and look their specimens over.

Posts: 135 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well anyways i picked up a #1 (at least its a single shot) so at least i have something to play with while i'm waiting for a working G2, the #1 should be very intersting 26" heavy barrel 257 weatherby mag hmmmmm [Smile]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
The new G2 barrel have 2 piece locking bolts like the encore. I am guessing that is the problem, hope not....

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well its gonna be a major problem for tc think of how many thousands of different lugs they are going to have to change...

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
The "new" 2 piece locking bolts are a problem in my old non easy open frames......typical.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What are these "new" two piece locking bolts? Are they patterned after the Encore which eliminated the dumbbell shaped roller used to open the gun?

Posts: 136 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V.V. Jeff:
What are these "new" two piece locking bolts? Are they patterned after the Encore which eliminated the dumbbell shaped roller used to open the gun?

Yup! No longer is there 3 pieces..... The dumbell is now an integral part of the locking bolt.

-

EDIT: pic added

[ 06-24-2003, 09:06: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
The elimination of the small dumbbell has been in effect for quite awhile. At least a year, Jeff would know better.

Mainer, if your in the area....stop in. Sorry to hear of your problem.

Good luck,

Posts: 127 | Location: Dover, NH, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Well, i am either gonna have to have my frames "converted" to easy open or stick to barrels with the 3 piece locking bolts. Always something..... [Roll Eyes]

[ 06-24-2003, 16:45: Message edited by: MSSmagnum ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got my G2 this afternoon. Brought it home, put my 7mm TCU barrel on it and it seems to function perfectly. Looks dandy too. The opening/closing and hammer function seem very smooth and positive. I like the feel of this frame better than the old one that I had owned previously. I've got about 100 rounds of 140 grain projectiles over 748 that need fireforming. Unfortunately, I will be out of town next week and won't get to shoot my G2 for two weeks. I'll report in with the results.

Posts: 135 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i took the g-2 down to tc today and dropped it off .it
will not lock up correctly and does not open correctly ! they where not happy to see the first return ! i live about 1 hr from them and deal there
allot as a dealer .i told them that i didn't know how they could let a gun go out in this shape , they couldn't believe it either ! i have not even
fired the gun .i also said they need to do something about the triggers ,
which i don't think they will . will let you know when i get it back .

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a real bummer Alex. I hope this ain't the case for all of them. For now i'll stick wit da flat frames. Let us know what the problem was.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rich Jake
posted Hide Post
Mainer1234
What happened to you is one of the reasones that I haven't hurried to get one of the first ones out. I want them to work out the bugs & the price to sabalize a bit.
Rich Jake

Posts: 1213 | Location: Middletown NY USA | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's why I haven't gone out of my way to try to get one RJ. After 3 years of making us wait they should have had plenty of time to get the bugs out. Even if it's a simple fix, it should never of left the factory unless it worked.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote