THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT PISTOLS FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help from experienced Encore users!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need some help from experienced Encore owners on here. I had a 12� bull barrel in .454
Casull lined up and ready to buy, the owner came back from deer camp this weekend and
his house had been tossed, anything of value was history! I have Denzel Roberts in Texas
making me a set of custom grips and forend for this Encore. My question is this: Will a
12� bull barrel cut the recoil enough to make any difference over the 12� standard taper
barrel? Also, if I have him cut the forend for a standard taper, would I be able to put the
forend on anything but a standard taper barrel, i.e., a bull barrel or a heavy varmint taper?
I�d like to buy a heavy taper or even bull barrel in the future if I don�t get one for the .454
Casull, so let me know if I can put the standard cut forend on a heavier taper barrel. So I
guess the gist of it is, can I put the same Encore forend on a standard, heavy, and a bull
barrel for the Encore? I need to know because I have to tell Denzel what I want. Please
help me.
Sincerely,
Willie Rosin
PS This will be my first Encore and first Encore barrel, but not my first handcannon.

Posts: 332 | Location: Upper Midwest | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Yardbird,

I think the quick answer to your question is "no", you really need to match the fore end to the contour of the barrel. The other option would be to make the fore end for "full bull" contour (or the "largest" that you want to be able to use), and leave a gap when you install a more tapered barrel. This would only work with the "hanger bar" system, where the stock contacts/attaches to the hanger bar, not the barrel itself.

Regards, Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote