Find
Notify
Tools

Which Holster
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of wino
posted
I like my Desantis paddle. Next is a Galco paddle.

"Earth First, we'll mine the other planets later"
"Strip mining prevents forest fires"

Posts: 2407 | Location: smokey southren humboldt county nevada | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like all my Galcos, IWB, pancake, thumbreak. But the true favorite is the HORSEHIDE Kramer IWB I bought for the Kahr MK9.

Horsehide is stiffer, retains shape better. Now I look for used horsehide stuff on the tables at gun shoes. Have found a couple horsehide mag pouches.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The most concealable, and comfortable holsters on the Planet [with the exception of small guns carried in good front pocket holsters, are inside the pants, usually called IWB [inside the waist band] holsters made like the Milt Sparks Summer Special.

Davis, Galco and others make the same type.

I have carried a 4" S&W 44 Mag in a Milt Sarks Summer Special EVERY DAY 100% of the time for several years in comlete comfort.

For the best comfort you will need to get your pants about 2" bigger in the waist, but since the gun does not show past your belt line it is very concealable.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of griz78
posted Hide Post
I own mostly Galco holsters and mag carriers. Safariland is second choice, but for the bigger revolvers.

Posts: 357 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tucker Gunleather's Urban Legend and the HF1 are my favorite outside the waistband holsters. FIST K1 Hybrid with inside/outside adapters and Blade-tech Ultimate Concealment are my favorite inside the waistband holsters. All are secure and comfortable

Posts: 141 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 05 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have at least a half dozen different types from Andrews Custom Leather. They're widely known here in Florida and don't advertise. Very comfortable and very well made. Google for their website, if you're interested.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since we're on the topic. BELTS. (Not the ones you get out of a bottle!)

The standard wide "work belt" used by most to hold up their jeans is not the best option for positioning and securing a holster. A dedicated "gun belt" is wider, and heavier leather.

A dedicated gun belt is often double layer leather, cut in a curving arc to fit more accurately and securely. A gun belt will stay positioned in use, not allow your holster to swivel, buckle, bind as you draw.

I have a "tactical gun belt" that is doubled layered nylon webbing, heavy with a cinch style metal buckle that offers variable adjustment without having to choose between "holes" in the strap.

But mostly the wider, heavier belt holds the gun and holster in place, holds everything secure when you're drawing the gun out of the holster.

Your leather work belt won't do that for you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wm.S.Ladd:
Since we're on the topic. BELTS. (Not the ones you get out of a bottle!)

The standard wide "work belt" used by most to hold up their jeans is not the best option for positioning and securing a holster. A dedicated "gun belt" is wider, and heavier leather.

A dedicated gun belt is often double layer leather, cut in a curving arc to fit more accurately and securely. A gun belt will stay positioned in use, not allow your holster to swivel, buckle, bind as you draw.

I have a "tactical gun belt" that is doubled layered nylon webbing, heavy with a cinch style metal buckle that offers variable adjustment without having to choose between "holes" in the strap.

But mostly the wider, heavier belt holds the gun and holster in place, holds everything secure when you're drawing the gun out of the holster.

Your leather work belt won't do that for you.

I use single layer belts by Boyt. They hold both pancake and IWB holsters in place very well.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My everyday belt is a Milt Sparks as well.

Wm. is correct the belt is a very important part of your "carry rig".

Several companies make a quality leather, or nylon "gun belt".

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote