Find
Notify
Tools

Need recomendation for flashlight holder - shotgun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted
Need a recomendation for a flashlight holder -- Rem 870 and or Mossberg 500 -- have both and have come to the conclusion I need a device to mount a flashlight in the front grip--- but ---- now cannot find a reasonble one -- found one for about $300 but that seems a bit steep????
TKS
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 931 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Command Arms triple rail mountfor Rem 870. That cures the mount issue, the light is where you can spend big$$$. A surefire P6 and tape switch can be had for around $80. Ebay usually has Surefire M951/962 lights for $120/150.

Yackman

Posts: 582 | Location: Searcy,AR | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the Surefire forend with the light built in

http://www.surefire.com/ShotgunWeaponLights

405wcf

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 405wcf:
I like the Surefire forend with the light built in

http://www.surefire.com/ShotgunWeaponLights

405wcf

Untold rounds on a M1 super 90 and nary a flicker.

Pay the price for quality and service, Surefire.

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChetNC
posted Hide Post
Well, since have already decided on a fore end mounted light, you are halfway home. A six o clock mount is the only one worth considering for a home defense shotgun: no barrel shadow and less flashback when working around corners. You will find that attaching a flashlight via some type of rail to a fore grip on a pump gun presents two serious problems: switching and sharp corners. Rather than waste money on mounts, velcro pressure tapes, curly cords, a couple of tail caps, and quite a few band aids, save yourself a lot of heartache and just get the Surefire fore end.

Expensive? Unless you live alone, target ID at home at night is probably as important to you as it is to me. The price is well worth it.
The 870 model # is 618FA and has both momentary and constant on switching.

Posts: 348 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote