Find
Notify
Tools

What flavor o' 1911 do you prefer?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope my attempted humor came through.

My Wife is taking my Law Partner’s wife and the rest of the bridesmaids to the local indoor range for the bridal shower. My wife will be shooting her 1911-380 Browning Pro.

Posts: 10970 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Various Kimbers or Colts, in differing calibers, all depending on the day, time, purpose and need. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I carry the Kimber. I have a Les Baer but I know if I had to use it I would most likely lose it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Kimber CDPII.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My favorite is the Sig TacOps. It is the smoothest, most accurate 1911 I have ever owned/shot. Even better than a lot of the customs that are built.
I have a Clark Custom but it won't measure up to the Sig.
Plus I have Kimbers, Springfields as well but for dependability, it's the Sig for me

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Kimber CDPII.

Same here tu2

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah,I know my answer was somewhat flippant as I would hate to lose a Les Baer in the evidence room in the local S.D.This happens all the time. Cops just take home guns after the trial + for the owner,maybe a sorry.On the lighter side I think of Jack Benny getting robbed + the thief says "Your money or your life!"Jack says "I'm thinking!"

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't carry at work, so truck gun is more my way of going.

That is usually my old IPSC limited gun, an SV Infinity in 10mm auto. That thing has 10's of thousands of rounds through it. I quit using it for practical shooting because too many brass thieves own some kind of 10 mm now. 21 rounds of 10mm have a reassuring thought to them.

On body carry (when allowable) is usually either a Wilson stainless government model or a Colt commander from the early 80's. On the rare occasion that I am wearing something that you can't get away with a real gun, its a S&W M60 snubby.

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have Les Baer, Wilson and Springfield. Of those 3 makers my favorite is the Les Baer. If I’m ever in a gun fight I hope I’m packing a 1911 my only complaint is they are on the heavy side. When I carry one it is in a shoulder holster cocked and safety on. Don’t notice the weight and it comes out slick have two extra 8 round mags under the other shoulder for a total of 25 rounds.

Posts: 224 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my career I carried the Browning HP and the colt commander..I liked a full size pistol that had a longer barrel of 4 or more inches..I never carried a holster, few of us old hands did on the border, we used the Mexican carry over our hip butt forward in our waistband under a shirt. for one thing the long barrel didn't tend to slip out as a chopped version would, and sometimes on surveillance we had to stick the gun under the seat to follow on foot close and didn't want to get made by the bad guy..then back in the car and back in the waistband..It worked well for all of us in DEA and US Customs.Only the newbies bought 380 and small pistols that fell out their pants!! Smiler

I love a 380 but even with good ammo it just ain't much punkin!!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Browning HiPowers that I also like. tu2 Wasn't sure whether to throw them on my list of 1911 likes or not, as they are, in my estimation, a pistol unto their own, but Ray nudged me to do so. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree.I love the Hi-Power.I guess we are just pressing a point as John Moses designed them both. tu2