Tools

Zombie Defense Options
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Load with half pound of OOOO Buck over 700 Grains FFG. Place expired zombie's shoulder between your's and buttstock. Fire - reload - repeat. Use BP smoke as concealment while reloading (or escaping).

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure blunt and edged would get more use, gun noise would attract the other zombies. I love guns and I'd still choose a nice long axe handle for most work.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the other hand, a 55gr Sierra HP 223 round at about 3250fps between the eyes at under 500yds might work just as well. A dab of gel in the suppressor and it's Phffft, clack. Could be anything.

CQB is not my favorite game.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dago Red:
I'm pretty sure blunt and edged would get more use, gun noise would attract the other zombies. I love guns and I'd still choose a nice long axe handle for most work.

Red

A Guatemalan-style Collins machete honed to a razor edge has always worked for me... Wink

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
Depends on the type of zombies…

Traditional George Romero Night of The Living Dead style, John Russo Return of the Living Dead style, Sam Raimi Evil Dead style, or Zack Snyder’s 2004 Dawn of the Dead style…

Romero zombies .. Slow moving defeated by head shots only… ISS’s suppressed 223 would be ideal…

Russo zombies.. Slow moving defeated only by total body dismemberment… Guns may be useless though Mac’s 2 bore loaded with shot would really slow em down…

Sam Raimi zombies… demon possessed and defeated only by total body dismemberment… Bruce did pretty well with the chain saw…

Zack Snyder zombies .. Extremely fast and defeated by head shots only… were probably f*****d…

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Something with a "Can"

When will this current nightmare end.

Posts: 1274 | Location: Florida | Registered: 13 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tex Grebner recommends a Ruger 10/22 w/ lrhp - the ultimate AZ (anti zombie) round!

A nation with dogs and whiskey beats Nazis. A nation with cats and spritzers is asking to be shoved around.

Posts: 85 | Location: Charleston, SC | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like Tex, I would suggest y'all eat more salmon or similar fish. It is suppossed to be brain food you know. And yes, I am well aware of the pun.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Smith:
Like Tex, I would suggest y'all eat more salmon or similar fish. It is suppossed to be brain food you know. And yes, I am well aware of the pun.

lol

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that in order to kill a real Zombie, one should use the 10-ga shotgun loaded up with 000 Buckshot. It will spoil their night time fun,trust me.

Posts: 334 | Location: America | Registered: 23 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
I believe that in order to kill a real Zombie, one should use the 10-ga shotgun loaded up with 000 Buckshot. It will spoil their night time fun,trust me.

Why??? How much experience do you have killing zombies???? shocker

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I intend hoding on tightly to Mila Jovoich's (spelling?)skirt sofa

I have never followed the horror film logic behind the Zombies.

Ok thye are dead. Part of their brain is still active - like a capcitor, allowing limited basic body functions to continue- limited mobility, feeding etc.

But they are 'dead', so the body structure has a very limited 'shelf life'. Providing you can just keep out of their way, surely they will all fall apart, completely decompose and the problem will go away?

Will a Zombie film buff please expalin this to me?

(I thought cutting off their heads or destroying whats left of their brain was the only way to 'stop' them in the films?)

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robthom:

Ok thye are dead. Part of their brain is still active - like a capcitor, allowing limited basic body functions to continue- limited mobility, feeding etc.

But they are 'dead', so the body structure has a very limited 'shelf life'. Providing you can just keep out of their way, surely they will all fall apart, completely decompose and the problem will go away?

(I thought cutting off their heads or destroying whats left of their brain was the only way to 'stop' them in the films?)

I believe they retain some capacity for digestion and cell regeneration hence their eating of the flesh of normal humans.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Zombie is derived from the Cajun French "Tombee" -- "fallen" or slang "kicked the bucket."

In the context here, we use Zombie as a metaphorical reason to develop and purchase weapons with extreme capabilities. We don't give a rip about zombie movies.

One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
I cut my Zombie eye teeth on the original Night of the Living Dead. It's still a great film and I will have to get it again for use as a training video.

Yes, they have a "limited shelf life" and will eventually decompose to the point that they fall apart. Unfortunately, as the brain has been reactivated, it is the last part to die and keeps what body parts working that still function. If you watch the first or second episode of The Living Dead, you will see a corpse torso dragging herself along.

The danger to us living is that there are more dead that have been reanimated than there are living. Our problem is to survive until all the Zombies have been killed or completely disintegrated thru decomposition. Survival is a waiting game for the living.

As for the requirement to make head shots to send them back to the grave, it depends on which school of Zombie extermination you subscribe to. In the book Tooth and Nail (outstanding, military-oriented Zombie killing), the Zombies are only half dead and can be killed normally.

Hide or fight; there is no third choice w/ Zombies.

I'm not a big fan of mouse guns, even though I own one and carry another at work. Am in the process of loading 4k rounds of 7.62 and 30-06 for my service rifles as I believe that Zombies deserve the very best. BOOM ZOMBIES

The below pic says it all.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shof.....I am a Zombie card holder! I used to have a job making Zombies way back in the 60's with a pump shotgun.

One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
Here we go!

CDC Warns to Prepare For The Zombie Apocalypse

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd try 12 ga "Dragon's Breath" ! flame

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd try 12 ga "Dragon's Breath"

At 4 bucks a round I sure hope you don't have there are not very many zombies, and you are fighting them in a concreate bunker!

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I load my own and cost is half of what you quoted!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you loading them with, magnesium?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robthom:

The danger in most films is the spread of the virus or whatever is causing the dead to reanimate...

i.e. every time we kill one of them they lose one...every time they kill one of us we lose one and they gain one...

Sort of plays on our fears of pandemic type situations...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Antelope Sniper, hell NO!

Why I just load em up normal like and if I have any trouble at all mind you, I call my cousin over for a short chat. He takes care of anything I can't handle quickly. His name is Superman!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blue Dog,
You are the first perosn I've run across that loaded his own Dragons Breath 12ga rounds. I was just curious what you used to get 12 feet of flame out of the end of the barrel. I was just hoping you'd share your secret!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Antelope Sniper.......Now if I shared all my secrets with the likes of you, all those ladies would pack up and be on your door step instead of in my lounge.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So what you are really saying is someone one else was loading them, and you have no idea what went into them, or what licenses were required?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Everyone,

My personal choice would be a " 12 Gauge " loaded up with an all " Copper Projectile ", which should disrupt the " Electrical Impulses " ( Head Shots ), which might be the only thing keeping them moving ??

It may /should also work on the " Aliens " (BORGS ??), when they invade us, as predicted by " Stephen Hawkings ".. Eeker

" May 07, 2010|By Amina Khan, Los Angeles Times
Famed physicist Stephen Hawking set off chatter in the scientific community in late April when he posited the existence of intelligent aliens on his new TV series, "Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking" —adding that it would be best for human beings to avoid contact with them.

Hawking speculated that such aliens would likely be nomads, living in ships after sucking their own planet dry of resources, and hopping from one interstellar refueling station to the next. Earth, he said, shouldn't do anything to encourage their visit. "

P.S.: The " Zombie Virus " could be intentionally introduced by " Aliens " ( Bioligical War ; Human / Mankind Self Distruction) before their main forces invade... ?

Borg example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8

PAPI
fishing

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A.S. It was actually called 60% Nitro back in my day and you were only aloud 1 stick per person. We did have a budget you know!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We did have a budget you know!

Of course you did.

Got to keep the insurance fees reasonable so it's less hassle to pay you then it is to go to the cops.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now don't feel bad for the cops, they did get their alotted share of the jelly beans.