New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reciprocity
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I live in Mass, a state that recognizes no other states concealed carry license and thus no other state recognizes ours (I believe). I can apply for a license in another state to carry in that state, correct? I know many states have reciprocity on CC licenses. If I applied to one or two states would it allow me to carry in most states due to reciprocity laws? If so, what states should I apply to?

Best,
Alex

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try: http://www.usacarry.com/

Florida should probably be one of the states you work with. They issue permits to non-residents and have reciprocity with many states.

The above site will allow you to figure out the best combination for you.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great stuff. Thanks guys.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get FL and Uath and one well have lots of states covered

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check your state laws. Our idiot governmental representatives in my state, Colorado, passed a law that no Colorado resident may hold a CCW license from any other state.

Posts: 1648 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NY state has NO reciprocity with other states.
You can come and go armed in VT without permits !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Florida...the GUNSHINE state!

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by congomike:
Check your state laws. Our idiot governmental representatives in my state, Colorado, passed a law that no Colorado resident may hold a CCW license from any other state.

Just off the top of my head this one stinks of being unconstitutional. Seems like "Freedom to Assemble" in Article I would mean that you have RKBA anywhere you're free to travel, and that might require having a CCW from another state.

Utah, according to my Dental Hygienist. Reciprocal in several other states. Evidently you can apply and qualify without being a resident or showing up in Salt Lake City.