Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IDPA?
 Login/Join

posted
anyone else doing this? I started doing the monthly matches at my club, thinking it would be a good opportunity to work with what I carry daily.

Turns out to be a lot of fun, and the stress of competition is good for me. Drawing from concealment, reloading, etc are real life skills.

speed and accuracy are both tested.

I look forward to the upcoming two-gun matches we'll be having (pistol/rifle and pistol/shotgun).

fear god and dreadnaught

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
IDPA is a lot of fun, just wish there was a club less than a two hour drive from my home. Then I could get out and embarrass myself more often...
hilbily

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rick,

Having seen you shoot many times, I really don't think you'll ever embarrass yourself with a carry gun!!!!

You do just fine with those ... and amazingly well with a rifle! Damned hard to compete with a guy who can see Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Thanks Cool
I've got to get out and shoot pistol a bit more after we get back from RSA. Those .45 projectiles are much appreciated and will get put to good use. Smiler

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IDPA, or IPSC is highly recommended.

Great for gun handling training.

Esecially if you use your carry equipment.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell! Shoot 'em ALL IDPA, IPSC, Bullseye, Silhouette, etc. etc.

You can learn something from ALL of them and have fun at the same time!

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Yep, i've shootin IDPA for years. Very good to keep you sharp. I don't try to keep up with the young guys, their feet are just to damn fast. But i still enjoy it greatly.

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote