Tools

ntxt
 Login/Join

<G.Hansen>
posted
ntxt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any exerience with the Boberg, but I do have experience with a compact 9mm. I have a Diamondback DB9 compact that I dearly love.

The major difference that I see with the Boberg is that it can shoot +P rounds while my DB9 cannot. The Boberg also carries one more round.

But, my DB9 is also about 1/3 the price....

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
not very attractive pistols, are they? Smiler

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I figure it this way. As long as they work, I really don't care how they look. My DB9 has one function, go BANG every time I pull the trigger, hopefully keeping me and my loved ones alive should I ever need to use it...

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
i had a DB .380. very nice little pistol! i didn't experience any of the feeding issues some others had, but i only shot it with premium ammo. decided i wanted a little more bang and went with a S&W .38 j-frame

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
Don't care what it looks like. This would be an excellent pocket pistol--if it had a manual safety.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Rohrer:
Don't care what it looks like. This would be an excellent pocket pistol--if it had a manual safety.

I looked long and hard to find a pistol I liked that DIDN'T have a manual safety. I'm a southpaw with not the largest hands. So I find the usual safety placement on most handguns is a real bitch for me to operate, especially in a tense situation.

As long as it has a long trigger pull, that's enough with a dao pocket pistol...

One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
.45 ACP +P gives you 5" (non +P)performance in a 3" barrel. Very good in my Glock 30.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for over a month and absolutely love it. Fit, finish, and engineering is outstanding....have run some of the factory recommended ammo thru it, ran flawlessly. Works well for concealed carry and as a "truck gun".