Every day
Most days when I remember too
Only when I travel
Only when I think I will need it.
Never I live in a safe area.

Posts: 19393 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I carry 2-3 times a week when I travel to Louisville, N.Ky, Lexington area.

I can carry into any prohibited place except Detention Facilities.

However, I hardly carry when going from home to local courthouse.

Posts: 10913 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
My answer doesn’t fit in any of the categories.

I carry when walking my pup at night. Pup might be an a leap, as she’s almost 11, but is diabetic and drinks a lot. Therefore, she lets me know when to go out. I often encounter ‘walking dead’ or just shady characters. My G43 with light/laser is by her leash.

I do have access to a firearm in my vehicle. I would transfer that to my body to and from my office, when I worked from an office.

LHeym, the courthouses here are more strict than TSA. Sometimes non suit attire days require an appearance to meet a prosecutor or video conferencing with defendants. My ‘civilian’ uniform always has a blade clipped to my pocket. It’s like putting keys and wallet in their place, but I know the knife doesn’t go in my suit pants pocket. When I’m in civilian clothes, at least I know I can drop my blade off in the console. I have lost a few at the Cordoba airport, just as it’s out of habit to have it in my pocket. Hence, I only carry what I don’t mind losing.

I was once going to video a client dressed in my civvies. As my tray of items passed through the X-ray, the ‘security guard’ started to flip through my files. I snapped at him. It caused an uproar. He said I didn’t look like an attorney, and I tried to keep my composure. He was doing his job, but wasn’t trained well enough. Maybe he missed the profiling course.

Keep in mind, courthouses (no, I was not going to the jail) are open to the public. Yes, they can restrict weapons. However, they can’t restrict access without cause. They also have no right to view privileged documents.

Sorry, what was the question?

A lot depends on the location, geographic area, season, and other areas. Open carry, only out in the field. Concealed carry? Well, it’s like playing cards.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Only as needed for me. This state has so many restriction now. You could accidentally drive past a school that you did not know was there or go to a store that had a doctors office in the same parking lot.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I am in places that are prohibited pretty much constantly, and they do monitor it.

If I am going where it’s legally allowed and not to a restricted spot on the way, I tend to, but can’t say I tend to do so regularly. I could do better.

It hurts that my employer is very firearms unfriendly.

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I keep a pistol in my pickup, seldom carry one on my person these days, but will for a reason or need..I can carry in any state as a retired Federal Agent (DEA primarily)

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can carry in any state as a retired Federal Agent (DEA primarily)

Ray how far to have to travel to shoot your HR218 qual. firing.

I have about a 120 mile round trip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeMe:
Only as needed for me. This state has so many restriction now. You could accidentally drive past a school that you did not know was there or go to a store that had a doctors office in the same parking lot.

Same here now in NYS, if an establishment doesn't specifically post that concealed carry is allowed, you commit a felony by carrying. I find myself leaving the CCW at home most of the time now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the 2nd Circuit in NYS yesterday the NYS CCIA was ruled unconstitutional by Judge Sinatra in a 36 page decision. This was the fifth time the CCIA was ruled unconstitutional.

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The politicians running NYS are clueless. They care nothing about our Second Amendment rights and actively make law contrary to the Constitution. That’s why these laws are overturned but why do we have to put up with their intentional disregard for our rights ? Not good at all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What New York and for that matter, the whole country----we need a law that states that NO NEW LAWS CAN BE ENACTED of any kind! Far too many useless laws ENACTED BY CLUELESS, No Balls POLITITIONS! Only the honest people abide by any of these laws.

Hip

Posts: 1829 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clayman216:
The politicians running NYS are clueless. They care nothing about our Second Amendment rights and actively make law contrary to the Constitution. That’s why these laws are overturned but why do we have to put up with their intentional disregard for our rights ? Not good at all.

There are several active court cases contesting these laws.

We will see.

Don't expect any help from the federal DOJ.

I don't think we well see federal marshals holding the hands of open carriers walking down fifth avenue.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
Originally posted by clayman216:

It doesn't matter! They enact these laws knowing they are wrong and wait till they are overturned. Then enact new ones. Just so they can throw a Monkey Wrench into things until people get tired and do nothing about them!

TOO MANY GOD DAMN LAWS!!!!!!!

Hip

There are several active court cases contesting these laws.

We will see.

Don't expect any help from the federal DOJ.

I don't think we well see federal marshals holding the hands of open carriers walking down fifth avenue.

SEE ABOVE!

Posts: 1829 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
P dog
Usually pretty close as the USFS may shoot at any location in Idaho,,

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I rarely carry because I am getting somewhat forgetful and am often at the post office or other places that could get me in trouble. And here in Texas there are the 30.05, 30.06 and 30.07 signs that some businesses and grocery stores post near their entries that forbid carry -- open, concealed permitless and/or concealed even when licensed.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16409 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote