Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield XDS
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone seen, shot or bought a XDS .45? I read about them and think I need one. I have been unable to find one and the Springfield website was not very helpful. Thanks

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Conn

My brother owns a gun store in WV, he had two XDS show up last week. A good friend bought one, we put 100 rounds through the gun with no problems.

I compared it with a Smith and Wesson Shield, they look to be the exact same size.

Recoil was very reasonable and the gun will be easy to conceal. I have already put a deposit on the next one to come in.

Hope this helps

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is a "Smith and Wesson Shield"? There new "gun of the week"?

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its based on the M&P, but smaller and a single stack. It is chambered in 9 and 40. It seems to be a well built gun, a step above the bodyguard .380 in my opinion.

Tom Kessel
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom. Any idea when they will be readily available?

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Both are currently available on Gunbroker if you're open to having it shipped to you.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by conn:
Thanks Tom. Any idea when they will be readily available?

Conn

I am not sure when they will be available. Gun companies seem to send a few out and get everyone excited then take their time sending more guns.

This being an election year, the demand for guns will be up. This alone will keep gun companies behind with production.

I personally think the XDs is a great gun and well worth the price. I have always been a Glock guy, but have started shooting some Springfields in USPSA matches and have found no fault with the two I own.

Tom Kessel
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Conn: THe XDS is an outstanding handgun. I sold two out of my shop so far. Both reports from my customers and others is that their accuracy is GREAT. The fit and feel in the hand is super.

I get them in when I can, and they sell as fast as i can get them. the next one will a personal one for me. Smiler

PAH

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got mine about 3 months ago--spent 6 wks of that traveling so don't have as much experience as I would like.

So far I love it

Have approximately 250 rounds through it, no malfunctions

150 rds 230 gr ball
rest assorted 230 ,200 and 185 gr hollow points

All have shot well

I did break some sharp edges with sandpaper after the first few magazines-

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
I've only had mine for about a month now, and I'm sworn to fun and loyal to none...but this one is stay with me. I like the $#!t out of mine.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just sold two at the gunshow. I have one coming in in (XDS) duo-tone in two days. That would be Friday Feb 1st. If you are interested drop me a line at www.huntershut1.com

Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have put 700 rounds through mine, and use it as my carry gun.

Springfield is going to make the same gun in 9mm, they are saying it will out early summer of this year.

Tom Kessel
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just bought one yesterday....haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. It slips easily into my rear pocket, the gun has a good feel to it. Not sure if I like the fiber-optic front sight.......it is very bright and easy to see. However, I'm not sure "how" durable it will be. Not a big issue though, as there are a lot of replacement options.

I like the grip safety feature (especially for concealed carry) and like the 1" thinkness.....it is very easy to conceal.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Have not shot mine yet, but hope to this weekend.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I've got one coming next week. I am hoping they're as good as everyone says. Same size as a G26 it's said. My current G26 is the only one that was ever 100% reliable, BTW.

Should be easier to conceal than the fatty G26. I hate that's grip. If it wasn't for the 33 rd. clips I'd sell it! Smiler The Kahrs are much better for concealment.

Now if I only can find 45 ammo!

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19305 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot thinner than the 26. I am sure you will like it.

Tom Kessel
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com