Notify
Tools

ruger 101 hammerless
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted fries
posted
here is something to think about.

the revolver is not outta the runnin for a concealed carry. i just purchased a ruger m-101 hammerless 5 shot and very lite to carry. comes ready for 38 + p and all in a no snag lite easy to shoot package. i tryed this little dandy in a pocket of an old jacket and guess what...at danger distance...the bad man target was doa rite away.
i read about all the auto pistoles and i have yet to use one inside a confined space like my pocket without stopping after the first shot as a result of the slide not having room to function. plus i dont know how the crap gets inside my pocket but it will not migrate into the slide/trigger of a pistol that dosnt have these offending working parts.

now i know the mess i just started but hey...lets hear on for the trusty revolver again how bout it

----------------------------------
when all is said and done...more will be said then done

Posts: 134 | Location: alaska | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smith snubby in .357, bobbed the hammer. Small, powerful, and it will function when shot through a pocket.

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
have to say that personally, I prefer the gp 100, but the sp101 would make my short list. No flies on any revolver as far as I'm concerned. They are reliable and simple. Two things that will be highly prized if and when...

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I carry in a holster, depending on clothing, it is either a full size 1911 or one of my Kahr compacts. When I carry in any of my pockets it is my S&W 637 38 with Gold Dots for the very reason you stated.

Posts: 103 | Location: southern wisconsin | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the 38 Spl is under rated by many. For years it was the carry caliber of nearly every LEO in the USA. 158 gr. bullet is effective.

Old school was SWC, but today we have +P loads and JHP bullet design.

-- That said, .357 magnum, since I have the chamber option. Big Grin