Find
Notify
Tools

The right move in this situation...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
For anyone on here following the Stevie Steve news...(man in Cleveland who killed the 74yo man leaving Easter dinner with his grandchildren)...if you had seen the video..what was the right move in that situation if the victim had a CHL?

You're walking down the street when a car pulls up to you. They get out and walk up to you/ask you to say a random name (Their ex g/f's name).

You say it and they say " She is the reason why this happened to you..." and they draw their Glock.

At what point during them stopping the vehicle and coming up to you to talk do you create distance and draw your firearm?

This post is just for learning....I narrated the story in case people on here had not seen the graphic video.

I hope they catch him soon...as this is still ongoing and apparently his cell phone pinged in a different state so he is on the run.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Video link?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/rw4WoqIv-xI

This video ends right when the gun is pulled out but shows the events leading up to it

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some days you're just gonna die.

I'm not sure there realistically is a right move for that individual, he would he would have to be situationally aware, be carrying an accessible pistol, get his hand on his weapon, and shoot when the guy hit the bag or when the gun appeared. It could happen, but at 74, he probably was just thinking of getting home with the bread or beer or whatever. Reading the newspaper version, I don't think there was but one guy outside the car, the killer, not counting the victim, of course. There was a female driver, I believe.

The main point necessary to his survival, besides having a weapon, was for him to have been "on point". In the pics, he never looked up until the guy was basically on him. Even if he had a weapon, that was too late.

Substitute a 40 or 50 year old, just off the force, LEO and they might have survived. Maybe.

It is really hard to defend against what amounts to insane actions on an individual's part, with no warning. As described above, Massad Ayoob or similar might have survived, most would not.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone hav a link to a more complete video ?
What a shame
RIP

Cold Zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, the killer or his accomplice took the posted clip, and then put it on facebook. in effect bragging on killing an innocent old man. AFAIK there is no more or other pics.

Update: Apparently man was picking up aluminum cans.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Well Steve Stephens ended up killing himself after a brief police chase this morning in PA according to the news...so that is taken care of

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too bad he did not live stream it again.

Cold Zero

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/18/...ebook-killing-video/