THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PERSONAL DEFENSE FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LTC holder saves lives by killing murderer in Arlington, Tx......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
.....details are still sketchy and this if from TV reporting....but heavily armed man shot and killed manager of Zona Caliente Restaurant in Arlington. Legally carrying customer then shot him multiple times, stopping any further actions. Police are saying he undoubtedly saved lives. tu2

Arlington is town between Dallas and Fort Worth, home of Ranger's Baseball Stadium and Six Flags.

Somewhat humourous, they couldn't interview the citizen shooter, so they found a Hispanic that was at the bar, right next to shooting, with his wife and teenage kid. When shooting starts, he grabs them and hustles them outside (smart), then after shooting slows down, he peeps back in, sees perp laying on floor, moving, with gun either in hand or close, so he grabs a chair and whomps on him for a while. Said, "I wanted to be sure he couldn't shoot anyone else." Perp was probably dead or nearly so before the chair, but he didn't get any more shots off. Wink

Reports indicate that after being hit with first shot by citizen, perp, either in confusion or in an effort to kill the maximum possible, fired at front door of restaurant at fleeing customers. Citizen then shot at or in him multiple more times, ending threatening actions by perp.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Likewise at the recent U.T. campus stabbings by a black man on some whites (not that that matters I suppose but that is what happened).Seems like the perp. put down his knife + surrendered due to a legal campus carry CCL holder pulled down on him + held him for police.Media is not saying a word.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good deal!
Don't hear about this type result.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5955 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Likewise at the recent U.T. campus stabbings by a black man on some whites (not that that matters I suppose but that is what happened).Seems like the perp. put down his knife + surrendered due to a legal campus carry CCL holder pulled down on him + held him for police.Media is not saying a word.

There was no CCL holder involved in the arrest. It was a UT Police officer.

NOW, perp is "crazy", claims he remembers nothing of murders and assaults, and will likely get off on insanity defense. Too bad he didn't hold the knife for another second or two.

Not that it matters criminally speaking, but he killed a damn fine kid.

Frankly, I 100% disagree with insanity defense. As a matter of face, insanity should just be another reason to execute him after his conviction.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote