New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Gen 4 pistols
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Went to a glock armorer up date got to handle the new Gen 4 model 22. Very nice guns Some good improvements. They well be a very good pistol.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
but but but but but but they're still a gluck

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What were the improvements? I have a 40 cal Glock 22 that in 10 years still shoots great and has never jammed.

Posts: 123 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I owned a G-22 once. Dropped a 40 S&W into the barrel, rattled it a bit, and then sold the gun. Decided that stretched brass reloads was the reason the guns have ammo "catastrophic failures" -- as in brass rupture.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in the changes as well, especially since the gen3 guns fixed all of OXO's issues and they are now tighter than most of the rest.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What they have done in the 40 slide is they went to a dual recoil spring. To take some more of the snap out of the the slide. They have been finding that if you put a heavy tac light on the older springs cause malfuntions. Plus one should change the older recoil springs out at about 3000 rounds.

In the frame they added a reverisable mag latch exchangeable back straps. And a differant finish on the frame to make gripping better.

The mag they went to a 11 coil spring instead of a 10 coil to also help with feeding awith tec lights and change the area for the latch catch to take the reverisable latch.

Over all I found to be positive changes.

I own glocks from the frist model to gen 3 models. I belive these changes are for the better. Not that the older ones don't work but any good manufactors is always tring to improve their products.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote