Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 82 model in a 9mm
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
I hear that these pistols made by CZ are a heck of a gun. What do you guys think about using it as a concealed piece?

I've been using a Sig 1911 model in a 45 auto, but have considered making a step down. What r ur thoughts? Let's hear it!

Posts: 609 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I carried a pistol for professional purposes for over 30 years and 15 years personally.

My every day carry now days is a Ruger SR1911 or a Glock 23 most of the time

On very rare occasions I carry something smaller. Some times I carry bigger.

Unless one lives in one of the few non-open carry states where concealment is the upmost.

I do not worry about.

The CZ82 is just as good as any other pistol of that size and caliber maybe a bit better then some.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AFAIK the 82 only came in 9x18 Makarov, not 9x19 Parabellum/Luger/NATO. The 83 was .380 Auto. Nice guns. Surprisingly brisk recoil impulse.

"If a man can't trust himself to carry a loaded rifle out of camp without risk of shooting somebody, then he has no business ever handling a rifle at all and should take up golf or tennis instead." John Taylor

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

Posts: 336 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 29 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
CZ82 is 9X18 (9mm Makarov), CZ83 (same gun) chambered in 380.
They are heavy built steel guns.

82s are great little guns with lots of features, but if I were going to carry that much weight, I'd go for something in 9X19.

They were also a lot better when they were at the old original offering prices, not the current.

Much like prices on Makarovs.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are heavy but other than that and the reduced power, they work well and have nice triggers out of the box... AND can be carried Condition 1... your choice... the barrel is "fixed" contributing somewhat to accuracy..

Posts: 260 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I am a firm believer in the CZ 75. I got my introduction from Jeff Cooper. Long story but basically his interest in this piece was due to the finals in South Africa in the early 70's when we were not allowed to import anything from the soviet block countries.The fact that the Colonel had ANY use for a 9MM told me something.I still carry m 1911 but I qualify with my CZ 75;it is spot on.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote